My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ohhhhh, it must be Christmas Time!

Up on the rooftop *click click click*.. wait... I have no rooftop! Someone lives above me! 

Ok sooo:  On the 4th day of Christmas my true love sent to me... oh poop!  That's not right either, he's not my true love he's my adopted son!  grrrr

T'was the night before Christmas and all thru the house... *argh!* it's NOT the night before Christmas.. *sigh*

Ok, so the truth is... I went to go out and when I stepped out my door I saw TWO packages the mailman had set by my door!  (could the mailman be Santa??  ahhhhh doubtful!)  I swooped up the boxes and came back in the house to see what I could see!!

I noted the first box was from my *adopted son* Chris...hmmm, I told him I was no longer doing pressies for Christmas... but here was a box.   ..... of course I opened it!

There was a jar inside...of I knew not what!  It looked like snow with pine needles in it!  But I knew in an instant it couldn't be snow, heh.. it would have melted. (darn)  Then there were two small pouches that smelled glorious!  I didn't care what they were because they smelled so good! lol.  Then along with an envelope (card) there was yet another item... wrapped... strangely enough it felt just like a book! (lord help me).

Firstly, I opened the card which told me my jar full of snow was actually bath salts with herbs!  (my son the gardener!) and one pouch was tea the other a smell wonderful bag lol.

Of course curiosity got the best of me and I had to open the wrapped item.

...now, as you gaze at the above photo (other than how thoughtful and wonderful my adopted son is) does anything pop up in your mind??  Well, it did to me!  The instant I read "Terry Pratchett".!   To my knowledge (what little I have) Pratchett  has never written a stand alone book!  *cough*cough... starting to get the picture here?  My wonderful and thoughtful and loving *son* sent me the FIRST in a series!!!   ARGHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   He is soooo lucky my car is a piece of junk and would never make it to New Orleans!!!  How can I love him to pieces and want to choke him all at the same time??!!!  Can you spell C.o.n.u.n.d.r.u.m ?    *sigh*... of my two choices (love him or choke him)... I still love him  :o)    Christmas Hugs and Thank you, thank you, thank you, baby boy!

        ***************************

Ahhh..now.. on to the second package in my mail..

This one said it was from Debi! ....

When I opened the box there was this little, shiny red bag, with tissue paper in it and a card. 

Of course, with Debi it's a hand made card! (I have no idea where she gets the time or patients or talent to make her own cards, but they are always fantastic!)

Having read the card, I just knew she meant for me to dig into that little, shiny red bag!  (and so I did!)

... can we discuss absolute shock?

... how about hysterical laughter?

...on first sight of this gift my jaw dropped down..the words, *oh my god* slipped past my lips.. and I began to laugh!

... It was a Dragon!!!!  My very own Dragon!!!  Handmade by Ms. Debi herself!!

OMG!  It's Ruth the white dragon from Pern!!  (ok so there's no wings but who's looking?)..

Is this a face to love or what??!!!  I can't look at it without grinning!!!

It's a small little thing... Baby Ruth.  (oh wait.. that can't be! I wouldn't eat Ruth!).. 

I have to say it.. I have not seen anything so dang cute that makes me smile in a long long time!  Maybe I will have to rethink Ruth's name and change it to "My Precious"???  Any ideas?

Dear, dear, Debi... I can't thank you enough for my Precious Ruth (best I could do on fast notice for a name lol)..  When you made this dragon (and white no less!!!!) you had me pegged!   Heck my own kids don't know me as well as you do! lol (well, maybe Chris hehe)

Huge Smiles and Thank you from the bottom of my Dragon loving heart, Debi!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The white dragon (my fav Pern book) is adorable. Debi is so clever! Nice stuff from Chris too. Great choice of book!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ooooh Pat that's wonderful...you're a very lucky lady to be so well loved...Have a very Merry Christmas :D

5:26 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I love the first 6 books of Pern best and love Ruth..and all the Hatchings! lol You should have seen my face when I saw the white dragon! Cuter then snot! LOL (have no idea where that old saying comes from 'cause snot isn't cute at all LOL LOL)

Kelly: I am lucky. I forget that a lot.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Enjoy your lovely presents Pat. You richly deserve them!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oh, Pat, what marvellous gifts! ^-^ I hope you'll enjoy them all!

8:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Kathleen!

Shanra: I will certainly try!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home