My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Once Upon a Time..

Oh wow.. I dug out this old photo and decided to hang it up.  I must be going thru a *remember when* phase!

The photo is of me when I was young, and my son Thom.. also young!  It was on the Star Trek Cruise where I first met DeForest and Carolyn Kelley.  Tom was dressed for a costume contest. (Thought I'd mention that so you didn't think my son normally looked like that ..heh)

The gown I have on was designed by me and one of the last gowns my brother made. I am happy to say it made an impression on the Kelleys!!

I keep looking at the photo lol..

I was young..

I was thin..

I had lots of hair..

and look at those fingernails!!!  (they were real!)

I guess I am going through a bit of "the old days" since the year is about to change once again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

It's the time of year for remembering.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Great picture, Pat! I was never as skinny as that... ;-)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!!! You look gorgeous Pat :D

9:13 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Have a save New Years eve and a wonderful new year, Donna, Cath and Kelly!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I absolutely adore this photo!!! But Pat, I wish you could see yourself like we do--you are still one gorgeous lady, my dear!!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Gorgeous photo Pat. I love the dress and the long red nails and am envious that they were real!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

those were gorgeous nails girl.
amazing too that you designed your gown.
don't think I've ever owned a "gown"

8:46 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi.. sorry, but much as I hate it the bathroom does have a mirror! :o(

Kathleen: it was a grand time to be sure..as all good times, I wish I could live it over again

Pamela: I guess it was really a "cocktail dress" since it was knee length..isn't a gown floor length?? I never drew a gown before or after that one..it was for the "captains dinner".. one of those memories you never forget

7:13 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

How cool that you designed your own stuff. Its a beautiful dress and this picture holds a lot of great memories obviously because of that and also your son. Very fun costume!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home