My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 03, 2010

Soup's On...

I heard on the news the other night that a "cold front" was coming thru Florida and our temps would drop "considerably". (music to my ears!)

I slept with my window open and my small fan on.. when I got up it was 68 degrees in my apartment!!!  (I was ecstatic!).. this is the perfect day to make my Turkey Vegetable Soup!

Boo found a "warm spot" to rest while I cooked.

..and so I began...

In the beginning there are the veggies..  (garlic/ onions/ celery/carrots/ cabbage/ squash/ broccoli/ potatoes/ rutabaga/ white turnips/ peas/ & lima beans)

... and the turkey bones and legs to cook...

I diced some garlic and onions and celery and carrots to be cooked with the bones..

(da bones!)

 

After 3 hours I poured the broth out into a strainer and new pot to catch the bones and meat...

 

Added all the diced veggies and picked the meat off the bones and bingo!.... turkey vegetable soup!

 

Nothing to it! 

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Mmmmmmmm...that looks sooo good!!!
Enjoy Pat :D

6:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I don't know why, Pat, but I ALWAYS look forward to your annual turkey soup post SO MUCH!! LOL...I've been waiting for it!!! For some reason it just makes me so dang happy :D Hope it came out as delicious as it looks!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: it is good! the broth jelled overnight which means it wasn't too watery! mmmmm..love this soup and all the veggies!

chris: I don't know why you look forward to it either LOL..wish you were here to eat some! I have soup up the A-- !!!! (and I don't like to freeze it as the carrots and potatoes change consistancy and I don't like them then)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

You know, I really could eat some of that right now. Hardly anything in the way of food appeals much at the moment... but that does.

9:08 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Looks very very yummy....And I bet it is!!!!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm glad the weather finally got cold enough for you to be inspired to make your soup! I always love the pictures of your turkey soup. I need to cook a turkey before Christmas so I can have leftovers for soup and sandwiches!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home