My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Around the Pond, Jan.28,2011

I took my camera and did a walkabout the pond.. the winter is sparse with birds even though it's not that cold out.

The Moorhens, naturally, never leave.. so we have quite a few of them around.  Keeping with them is the Coot (or Grebe no one is sure!)

  

.. there were 2 lone ducks out on the pond but not close enough for a good shot with the two of them together so you get one.

.. a lone Cormorant stopped by and graciously posed for me.

.. and the big Blue Heron took his own walk around the pond and did some fishing.. he got lucky at least once!

..but the trees are bare, there's a cool breeze out and so it was sweatshirt weather!  I love sweats so this is a good day!

Otherwise the pond is quiet...  I keep wishing the Bald Eagle would return but that's doubtful.

So, as we say:  all is quiet on the southern front!

6 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, it may be "sparse" as you say, but I found it a very rich and rewarding'look-see'....All of these birds are so very beautiful and to see them so close-up is such a trwat, Pat! I LOVE your Pond Pictures & Posts!

4:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

it's because we both love animals Noami!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Nice to see the moorhens again, Pat! That cormorant looks like he's saying, 'Photograph my good side...' ;-)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

In case I haven't mentioned it lately--I absolutely adore your photography, Pat!

8:31 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi:it's all luck. :o)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That cormorant is so freaking cool looking! I love the shape of it's beak. And the heron is just gorgeous!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home