My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beach in Winter..

I dropped by the beach with my girlfriend last week.. the first thing I noticed was that the Coconut Palm had Coconuts!... can you see them?

If not here's a close up!

This is my first sight of the ocean ...

Then I saw the erosion!  it had to be a 6 foot drop to the water!

But the ocean was gorgeous.  Look at all the shades of blue and green.

It was very clean (for a change) no seaweed around and magnificent colors.

See how clean everything is..  in the photo below (barely seen) is the jetty.

The waves were quite calm.  I don't know when the huge erosion happened.. it wasn't this way the last time I saw the beach, which was last year.

There were maybe 3 other people walking around, otherwise not a soul on the beach...not even a Seagull or Pelican!

12 Comments:

Blogger fiction-books said...

Hi Pat,

Which beach were you at? Great shots, brings back loads of good memories.

We have hit both Daytona beach and Cocoa beach in December and not seen a living soul, apart from a few birds near to waters edge. It was magical to walk for so far with just the sea for company.

Didn't manage to visit from the UK this year, first time we have missed for 20 years. We were both really sad, having to home for Christmas, darned recession!!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow, with the weather we're having here, it would be lovely to wish myself down there to visit you, if only for a couple of hours. My sister called yesterday from Mission, Texas, saying it was 77 degrees and sunny there.
*sigh*

8:29 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

What lovely photos, Pat. The sea looks so beautiful.

8:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Yvonne this is on the east coast at Fort Pierce, just below where I live in Vero Beach..no where fancy lol.

donna: i guess we deserve a mild winter considering we hold our breath all summer and fall in case hurricanes come. I guess lol

Hi Cath: not at nice as near merlin's cave! lol...

8:51 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It certainly is BEAUTIFUL, Pat....But shocking that there would be such a HUGE Erosion...! I wonder if it happened during the big Storms/Hurricane Season? It is rather scary to think that THAT much of the beach could disappear....!

Love those Cocoanuts!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You mean you didn't climb up the tree and get a coconut?! :p

Wow, that water is gorgeous!!! What was the weather like? It's ashame to see so much erosion :( But I guess it's a fact of life...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

What beautiful, beautiful shots, Pat! Love the coconuts!!! Except that now I have the urge to go buy one...mmmm...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

These pictures are definitely making me look forward to my trip to Carmel, CA next weekend. I love the beach!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Vivienne said...

Firstly, gush! You stopped by my blog. I have seen your name so many times over the blogging world, I was a tad shy to come and say hello, but you beat me to it, so thank you for visiting my blog.

Secondly, what awesome photos. You have a very good eye for an excellent picture.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

The lack of people and birds makes it sound like it would have been a lovely, peaceful time to take a walk there. Great pictures, the water does look lovely.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

how I want to come walk there with you.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Pat. I miss the ocean sometimes so much, and your photos make me wish I could see it again soon. I'll have to look at these instead, they make me feel like I am there!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home