My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day of the 'Gull

I know I haven't posted near the amount of bird pictures as I had been but then "winter" seems to have less around to photograph. 

Today while out around the pond some Seagulls came around.. it seems the do that in the winter now and then... (none at the beach but we have them here at the pond!)

I didn't get many good shots as they are in constant motion.

Often one will *hover* but I didn't get any today.. so this is it for the pond... I'm almost surprised at how seldom they come around considering we are so close to the beach.

They stayed about 15 minutes or so.. scooped up some bread and then went on their way...

5 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

It wasn't until I saw your pics and read your post that I realized how seldom I've seen pictures of seagulls standing still. They are almost always in some kind of flight when I've seen images of them.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Vivienne said...

Did you bribe them to stay still? All the pictures I have of seagulls are bits of wings and legs. These are fabulous.

2:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: vivienne is right I bribed them lol.. just toss bread pieces where they can see them and they land to eat some!

Vivienne: I got some of those blurred wings ones too lol

3:12 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love that 2nd. one. The markings on the neck are so beautiful.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I've never been a huge fan of seagulls. They are always such a menace when we are at the beach but in these pictures and the pond setting, they are beautiful.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home