My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Harry's Law

Gawd, I love Kathy Bates!

Remember Kathy Bates?

Remember: Dolores Claiborne? or Fried Green Tomatoes (two of my all time favorite movies!)

or Misery or Titanic ....

or About Schmidt? 

Then maybe I need to know why such a fantastic Actress would turn to TV after  all her successful years as a movie actress?

I'd really like to think it's NOT about age.

But, this non-betting person, would actually bet on the fact that it is.  I mean, it almost has to be because she is just way too good an actress not to be used.

So, I was shocked when the very first episode of Harry's Law came on Saturday night at 8 pm!  "oh my gawd! Something decent to watch on Saturday!!!!!! How did this happen?!"

Ah well.. I am sure it's short lived as they keep announcing the "debut" as Monday night at 10 pm..a perfect time for me to fall asleep in the middle of the show *groan*   Therefore I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will also keep airing on Saturday night!  Oh how nice it would be to have something decent to watch on the weekend!!!

Did I mention that I love Kathy Bates?  Well I do.  I have enjoyed her performances in everything I've ever seen her in, be it a lead part or a small part...she brings something special to whatever she does. ..and this new TV series is no different.

There she was.  Kathy Bates!  On a television series!  I will be able to see her more than once every few years when she's in a movie!  I like this!  I know it will be a lot of work for her but I hope the show makes good and she's on for a long time to come.

Harry's Law...

Premise: An irascible attorney is fired and sets up her own practice in an abandoned shoe store and builds a team of unlikely colleagues.

I have to tell anyone who didn't see this that she's really very believable.. it's a strange group that they've casted together, but I think it's going to work.  I'm no critic.. lord knows when I like an actor they can do no wrong lol..but in this case, let's face it.. it's Kathy Bates!.. she can do no wrong! 

Ok I'll shut up now... I just wanted to mention the fact that her show will air tomorrow night for those of you who may be interested in watching it...Kathy Bates is always worth your time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

The one show I absolutely cannot wait to see each week is The Good Wife. All the little ins and outs and subplots are killing me! I go to sleep watching TV shows too, but now that we have a DVR it's no problem. I'll check this show out. Oops, my Monday nights are awfully full of stuff to DVR already; hopefully I can fit this in.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I haven't been watching TV -- but I may make an exception for her

5:24 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

Pat, she is a favorite of mine as well. I hope they bring this out on DVD at some point. I can not stand regular TV!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

She was on The Office as the new owner of Michael's office - and she was good, too. I'll have to try to catch this one just to see her. Thanks for writing about her so evocatively, Pat!

8:08 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

There are so many GOOD reasons people do Television now...And Having good scripts and and an interesting character to play goes a long long way as a selling point--PLUS, it's a steady job, if it "goes"...!

I watched that first episode and had some problems with it--I taped last nights show but haven't watched it yet....
And I think Kathy Bates is a Brilliant actress....But I will reserve my opinion until after I have seen a few more episodes.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Kathy Bates is fantastic. She's been playing a guest role on The Office the last few seasons so she's been dabbling with TV for awhile. Sad to say I think it is hard for older actresses to get parts in Hollywood (crazy, I know).

1:47 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I absolutely adore Kathy Bates, too! Adore her. And honestly, I pay so little attention to actresses/actors that there's few people I can actually say that about. I've been tempted by this show, but there just seems to be so little time for TV. One show a week is about my limit, and I'm too addicted to Criminal Minds to give it up. Glad to hear you're enjoying it though...maybe I'll just have to give in...

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home