My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

What'snew?...

I went out with my girlfriend Dottie  yesterday.. this is dangerous because we almost always go to thrift stores. 

But we didn't! 

But we did find a yard sale.. *sigh*.. and from that a new 50 cent musical rocking horse made it into my home!  (If you only knew how I *don't have room* for non-necessities!!!!!!

Anyway.. here is my new rocking horse !  Her music box plays  "Toyland". (and I keep picturing the very old 1934 Babes in Toyland movie with Laurel and Hardy )

The Pony-tail Palm behind her is new too.. I found out the plants boo boo decided to begin chewing on are toxic to cats. *groan* so then I had to put up a shelf and remove the plants from my counter...

Then I read that the Pony-tail palm (which is not a palm at all)  is NONtoxic to cats... so.. now I have a pony-tail plant!

note the bulb-like bottom.. and they grow into trees! but you can force them to stay small by not transplanting them.

 

Last on "what's new" list.. I've been crocheting a new afghan  which is why my reading has been nearly non existent.   The old afghan is on the sofa back the new one I only have 2 strips done.  One might say they are similar , and while the colors are exactly the same the pattern is not alike at all..

Here's a closer look..

 

 

And.. that's about all she wrote folks!.. oh!  I did make a fast trip to the beach with Dottie too and so I will have a few  "beach" photo's for my next post... 

7 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

The Afgan's are BOTH Beautiful! And that little Ricking Horse is adorable. I can see why you couldn't resist him, Pat!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

He is so cute! I can understand why you couldn't leave him behind. Great talking to you last night! And you're not the only one neglecting your reading... I'm spending afternoons on my jigsaw puzzle and only stop because the light goes. LOL.

4:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Naomi...it keeps me out of trouble lol

cath: ah ha! puzzles instead of books! and me crocheting instead of reading! .. must be winter! lol

11:16 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh Pat, you're sooo talented. Those afgans are gorgeous!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I had a pony tail plant that I bought in Carmel. I managed to kill it...guess I don't have a green thumb. The rocking horse is cute and a bargain!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

everything looks homey and comfy. And the afghan's are so pretty. I wonder if I have the patience to every try that.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Beautiful afghan, Pat! and I love the rocking horse too. I have a weakness for both :-)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home