My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, February 25, 2011

*Discovery* on Florida TV

Two pieces of "happy".. one is that the Shuttle took off without incident.  .. and the other is that I was wrong! Yep and glad of it! I thought this was the very last Shuttle to go up but there are 2 more..then it will be all over..  However it IS Discovery's final flight.

In honor of today's blastoff I wore a Kennedy Space Center Shirt all day..

Our local news had great coverage .... (photos off the TV)

Unfortunately when I went outside we had cloud cover and all I got to see was a small vapor trail between clouds..

I hate thinking of the space program ending... and although they claim differently... for all intent and purposes it's ending..the "future" being Waaaaay far away.. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger Bellezza said...

I think the older we get, the more we half anticipate a scary outcome. Or, at least, that's how I feel. Thank goodness all is well! I so remember the time Christa McAuliffe's rocket exploded. So horrific.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

It feels like it is ending to me. I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Going to space is so COOL. It makes me sad to think that we aren't going to have the space program that we used to.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home