My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Other Day

I looked outside on the 52 degree morning (love it!) and spotted this male Anhinga in the tree.  I grabbed my camera because generally the female hangs at the pond (she was no where in sight) but not a male.  A male is a little smaller and his neck and head are all black,  unlike the female whose neck and head are brown.

Eventually I spotted him again on the ground drying his wings. He's quite a handsome fellow.

I realized that I never included a photo of the Doves around here. Sheesh, they are fairly plentiful, but do fly off when anyone walks outside so I took this thru my sliding door.

..also thru the door I finally got another photo of the little Warbler in the tree. They rarely stay still so it's a minor miracle to get a photo.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The anhinga *is* a handsome bird... this is a bird I never even knew existed until I saw him on your blog, Pat. Never let it be said that bloggin is not educational. And that little warbler is so pretty!

10:15 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: somehow I knew you'd like the "warbler" heh

10:40 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

have we figured out what kind of warbler it is Pat?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ah! That warbler is too freaking cute for words XD And that anhinga is just gorgeous!!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you dear Pat for your very moving words abd for these wonderful pictures of all the "life" that is there at the Pond...I LOVE these Posts, more than I can say....They always lift my spirits! Such sweet sweet Birds!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've never seen an Anhinga before but he's gorgeous!

10:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam I believe its a "Warbler Finch"

Chris: yeah I know lol I wish there were more of them and that they stayed around all year

Naomi: take care I know this is a hard, hard time for you loosing Betty. I am glad the photo's help some.

Tink: I remember seeing them on Nat'l Geographic of some animal programs over the years..but it's neat to see them in the pond

6:47 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Gorgeous bird photos, Pat! I love that little warbler. I heard our first Robin the other day. It's very cold again today, so I hope it's ok. Spring isn't coming for a few months yet! sadly....I live vicariously through your photos, you know, of warmer temperatures and sun :-) and birds.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home