My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Summer in February

The past 3 days it's felt like summer is here already...(I know, I know, I shouldn't complain when so many are freezing..but it's bad either way, TO cold or TO hot!)

Anyway the seagulls think they've found a new "sucker" to feed them and have continued to return to the pond..

..the softshelled turtle who only suns himself in the summer poked his head up and came out for the sun..

"ahhhh, sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy!"

Then, not one..

..not two..

..but 3 woodstorks came by..

"ugh..I'm a mess!"..

.."Oh who cares!.."

"Well, I don't care!"

"Do we look like we care?"..

"all I care about is that my neck itches!"

And after the woodstorks left I noticed last years Geranium also thinks it's summer!

But the Pond is always the Pond.  And sometimes the day at the Pond ends like this:

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Pat, your comments are a hoot! And amazing photos as always... wonderfyl sunset.

6:19 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: lol glad they made you smile :o)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

That turtle looks a bit like a clown. I wish it was warm here! I'm getting so sick of the up and down weather.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Great photos as always.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I so look forward to coming and enjoying the pond with you.
Hey. It could happen.

12:22 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

GORGEOUS Pictures, Pat....That Sunset is a "winner"! I always love to see all the lovely and wonderful creatures who visit 'The Pond'....What a treat...!!
As to the weather---Well, we are never satisfied, are we...LOL!!! It was so cold for so long there in Florida, it must seem like an early Summer....!

1:32 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: here too.. hot and then "cold".. hot and cool lol

thanks Kathleen.

Pamela: ohhhh will you do the body scan??? or... hands on?! lol

Hi Naomi: it's not very nice lately.. it goes from 50's to 80's to 40's to 70s.. crazy!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home