My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Five Places I'd Like to Visit..

I just read the 5 places Chris would like to visit over on his Tumblr. I belong to tumblr because it's the only way one can comment on it. (that's a point against tumblr..and why I keep my blog !) I wish Chris was posting these things on his blog instead so everyone could see them . Anyway... I thought I'd try this one for myself..because, old as I am I still wish I could see places before I die.. "5 places you'd like to visit" is like a specialized "bucket list" :o)

In no particular order:

1. England. It's always been in my mind to see England partly because my mother was English I guess. Stonehenge always fascinated me and I'd love to see Merlin's cave and Castle Tintagel , and Cornwall and towns that only have walkways thru them for shopping. I wouldn't mind finding more on Dickens and Wilke Collins either! And (oh forbid) maybe Maggie Smith would be "in town" to be seen!! (heart be still!) And it certainly doesn't hurt to want to be in England since I have an "adopted little sister" in Devon! She could take me to see some beautiful stone cottages like was in "the Quiet Man" or in the book "Touchstone" :o)

2. From England I would scoot over to Ireland, since my maiden name was Patty McCormick, it would be only right! I'd have to go into an Irish Pub just once. (once would be enough since I'm not much of a drinker ) And see the rolling green hills ... maybe I'd get lucky and find me a leprechaun! Maybe I'd find what I've always looked for.. not that I know what that is.

3. A Place that I should have seen when I lived in California is: The Redwood Forest. (if you know me at all you know how I love trees and stones!) I want to hug a Redwood..and be amazed at how big they are. I want to get lost in the forest. From there I'd want to travel to other forests all over. :o)

4. The Grand Canyon. I got to glimpse it once through overwhelming tears. I 'd like to spend more than 20 minutes there and even go low into the canyon! I've had a "love affair" with the Grand Canyon since I was in about 5th grade when I first remember learning about it. It seems strange, even to me, how I love trees and forests yet love the grand canyon which is so so void of them. At the Grand Canyon I could see a time when great things happened to the earth. It would be this or Go to the Moon!... but I think I have a better shot at seeing the Grand Canyon ..heh.

5. And last but not least, Pandora No one said the places had to be real!.. but then again Pandora is somewhere I'm just sure of it! (I'd have chosen Kesterwood Forest but I have no pictures to use!) I"d love looking up and seeing 2 moons and see all the wonderful plants and animals..most of all feel so in love with everything around me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

All those places sound fantastic!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yep, I can certainly show you all over the south west of England, but especially Cornwall. Will get some shots of the north Cornish coast for you in April. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Truthfully I'd happily visit all those places with you, Pat, even Pandora. Lol. Have never been to Ireland myself and would love to go one day.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

maybe we could get a book blogging trip organized, since I want to go to Ireland too, and I always want to go back to England!!! Your trees of REdwood Forest remind me of Cathedral Grove on Vancouver Island, which had some of the oldest Douglas Firs in the world, and the tree trunks were so huge, and it was so quiet and hushed. It was beautiful. No matter how many places we have been to, there are always more places to go, aren't there? I'm going to have to do this on my blog, I think, it's a fun post idea!!

1:38 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: they are high hopes since I've been just about no where so far and I will be 67 this month! Time has run out on me.

Cath: well hurry up and win that lottery so "we" can go! LOL..if you win big we (like the we ? lol) can take Susan too!

Susan: a book blogging trip oh..yah, right susan..we'd visit every book store there is and miss the scenery! LOL LOL

6:01 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yes, Susan can come too... my gosh can you imagine the fun??? lol

11:38 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'll go with you to England and Ireland
....

1:29 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam : LOL man a bunch of women on the loose?!!! Is Ireland ready for that? hahahahahaha

11:03 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You would love the Redwood forest here in California. It really is incredible!

3:11 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I've been to England and I've been to The Redwood Forest, and seen the Grand Canyon froma plane...but none of the other places you would love to visit.
ENGLAND was phenomanol!! Beautiful and I saw many beautiful places in the country---The Cotswolds, Fabulous. Beautiful Stone cottages and bigger houses and thatched roofs, etc....Great Great Theatre in London, and in Stratford-On-Avon...!!
I saw the Redwood Forest back in 1947...the summer I turned 16 years old. It was jaw droppingly Beautiful!
I hope you get to do all of these things Pat..or, at least on or two!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home