Five Places I'd Like to Visit..
I just read the 5 places Chris would like to visit over on his Tumblr. I belong to tumblr because it's the only way one can comment on it. (that's a point against tumblr..and why I keep my blog !) I wish Chris was posting these things on his blog instead so everyone could see them . Anyway... I thought I'd try this one for myself..because, old as I am I still wish I could see places before I die.. "5 places you'd like to visit" is like a specialized "bucket list" :o)
In no particular order:
1. England. It's always been in my mind to see England partly because my mother was English I guess. Stonehenge always fascinated me and I'd love to see Merlin's cave and Castle Tintagel , and Cornwall and towns that only have walkways thru them for shopping. I wouldn't mind finding more on Dickens and Wilke Collins either! And (oh forbid) maybe Maggie Smith would be "in town" to be seen!! (heart be still!) And it certainly doesn't hurt to want to be in England since I have an "adopted little sister" in Devon! She could take me to see some beautiful stone cottages like was in "the Quiet Man" or in the book "Touchstone" :o)
2. From England I would scoot over to Ireland, since my maiden name was Patty McCormick, it would be only right! I'd have to go into an Irish Pub just once. (once would be enough since I'm not much of a drinker ) And see the rolling green hills ... maybe I'd get lucky and find me a leprechaun! Maybe I'd find what I've always looked for.. not that I know what that is.
3. A Place that I should have seen when I lived in California is: The Redwood Forest. (if you know me at all you know how I love trees and stones!) I want to hug a Redwood..and be amazed at how big they are. I want to get lost in the forest. From there I'd want to travel to other forests all over. :o)
4. The Grand Canyon. I got to glimpse it once through overwhelming tears. I 'd like to spend more than 20 minutes there and even go low into the canyon! I've had a "love affair" with the Grand Canyon since I was in about 5th grade when I first remember learning about it. It seems strange, even to me, how I love trees and forests yet love the grand canyon which is so so void of them. At the Grand Canyon I could see a time when great things happened to the earth. It would be this or Go to the Moon!... but I think I have a better shot at seeing the Grand Canyon ..heh.
5. And last but not least, Pandora No one said the places had to be real!.. but then again Pandora is somewhere I'm just sure of it! (I'd have chosen Kesterwood Forest but I have no pictures to use!) I"d love looking up and seeing 2 moons and see all the wonderful plants and animals..most of all feel so in love with everything around me.