My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, March 25, 2011

March 24th, 2011

This was the moon I saw yesterday morning..

Sometimes I do believe the moon "moves us to do things"... like for instance..going to the used book store when we KNOW we have absolutely no need to!

Three of the 4 came of the above books came from the used book store for a total of: 1.67 cents. (I really can be good, but cheap or not "space" is at a premium and I really have to stop!)

The 4th book.. "Jo Walton's Tooth and Claw" is a pressie from my "sis" across the pond, Cath.  Thanks again sis! This may well be the 5th book for OUaT, after the 4 Pratchett books.

Anyway... at the used book store I found a 1974 copy of Winnie the Pooh with the art work by Ernest H Shepard.  The paper cover was not in good condition but the inside of the book is very clean and crisp! (great art work!)

The Anthony Trollope book of The Small House at Allington is a 1997 Everymans Library edition in mint condition.

And the Three Musketeers book by Alexandre Dumas is also "mint", but cannot find a publish date.  It is filled with gorgeous color prints by Roland Wheelwright.

For $1.67 how could I possible leave these books there?! 

I don't know yet what that brings my tbr pile to but I do know one thing.. everybody better hope I live a long enough time to read and maybe pass on most of these books or someone is going to have a hellava time boxing them up to donate them somewhere!!! LOL

12 Comments:

Blogger animewookie said...

That moon pic is AMAZING!!!! Love it. What a deal on those books :D The artwork is just beautiful. And a gift too!! That...sounds like a very good day indeed.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Those are some wonderful looking books. Enjoy!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh lord...after working in a psych hospital I KNOW the moon makes us do things, lol. But what you did is fantastic :D I want to read Winnie the Pooh this year for OUaT! I have it on my list!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

PAT!!! I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday!!! I'm a horrible son :( Happy belated birthday, Mama!!!! I hope it was wonderful!! You certainly deserve it!

3:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Anime: yeah they were excellent deals just wish space wasn't such a permium ..my one bedroom apt is really REALLY small lol

Chris: trust me son.. I try hard to forget birthdays! thanks anyway baby boy.
LOL guess I will add my copy of Pooh to the list for OUaT hahaha

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Ooooh, I had no idea Tooth and Claw would be so pretty... :-)

Smiling at the idea of Winnie the Pooh for OUaT. Brilliant idea, Chris!

I have The Small House at Allington too. I had a tatty charity shop version so swapped for a free version for my Kindle. Also nabbed a Dickens/Wilkie Collins anthology called A House to Let which looks interesting.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You've got some great books! I'm so happy for you!!! Love Winnie the Pooh, Three Musketeers, and The Small House at Allington. I admit to being thrilled seeing you pick up an Anthony Trollope!!! You definitely made my day :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

that book store must really have some treasures. I need to go to our local used book store.. but the prices are much higher at ours

7:33 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

there is a retired geologist who predicted there would be another major earthquake between the 19th and 26th. And he was right... the one in old burma. But he thought it would be in the pacific northwest. He said he used the moon cycles for his calculations

7:35 PM  
Blogger Nikki-ann said...

Fantastic bargains! I also need to stop buying books (for a while, at least) but I can't see it happening!

I love your moon shot :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I definitely don't think you can beat that price for those books! Enjoy!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Lol--yep, just blame it on the moon! :D

But Pat, I feel awful for having missed your birthday!!! Hope you enjoyed!!!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home