My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Once Upon a Time is Now!

OMG! It's time for Once Upon a Time again!! 

 

Carl is at it once again!  This is the FIFTH time he's done this, you'd think he'd get it right the first time! 

Ok.. so actually.. he has gotten it right...each and every time.

And every time people sign up to do Once Upon a Time.. for the reading..for the fun.. for their tbr piles to grow... an'so, an'so, an'soforth.  Carl has made reading even more fun than it was before, if that's possible.  He's created a "family" who looks forward to his challenges, be it Once Upon a Time or RIP or his Sci Fi Experience..he's like a magnet drawing readers to him...and it works!

So here we go with Once Upon a Time!!!

This year I will do Quest the First..

 

Which is to read 5 books in any of these categories: Fantasy, Folklore, Fairytales,or  Mythology or a mixture, as long as it's 5 books.

No promises, but I may also join Quest on Screen..

 

(To participate in this quest simply let us know about the films and/or television shows that you feel fit into the definitions of fantasy, fairy tales, folklore or mythology that you are enjoying during the challenge.)

I do have a list of books for Quest the First..

Ok, so here's a sample of what's in my tbr pile for me to read...

Wee Free Men, the Beginning : Terry Pratchett (two books in one) a pressie from Chris and I've already begun it as my first OUaT read)

I Shall Wear Midnight: Terry Pratchett

Wintersmith: Terry Pratchett

Watership Down: Richard Adams

Narnia (the complete set) C.S. Lewis

The Way of the Wizard : multiple authors (I might use this for short stories)

The Name of the Wind: Patrick Rothfuss

A Wise Mans Fear: Patrick Rothfuss

.........and that's just SOME!

A few others that are not pictured are: ............

Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card, 

Bones of the Dragon and Secret of the Dragon by Weiss and Hickman,

Wizard at Large by Terry Brooks,

Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving,

Oracles of the Delphi Keep by Louise,

Hood/ Scarlet & Tuck by Stephen R Lawhead,

Childrens Book by A S Byatt,

Mystic Empire/ Mystic Warrior & Mystic Quest by Tracy and Laura Hickman... and the list goes on! 

So you see I have plenty to choose from without buying anything new!!! 

However, I see this year like all the others where my wish list will grow yet another arms length before OUaT is over!

Come join the "nut house" and read some great Fantasy !!!!

20 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow, Pat, that's huge pile. And loads of good stuff there too. Hmm, I forgot that I planned to reread Narnia this year too. Might have to nab those off my grand-daughter. (Comes to something when a grandma is nicking books off kids...heheheh) I might also have to investigate this Name of the Wind book everyone is talking about. Happy reading, Sis!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You must read The Name of the Wind. I LOVED that book when I read it last year. I finally have a copy of the second... I got it elsewhere and cancelled the very slow bookstore copy. :)

Terry Pratchett is awesome, too!

I am hoping to get into Pratchett's larger series this year, but I said that last year and still haven't accomplished it. I just saw a preview for his movie Hogfather and it reminded me that I really really want to read the book!

11:39 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: thanks ! you too! I started the Pratchett book because If I didn't do that right off I had the feeling I'd hit those two huge books and everything else would be forgotten

kelly: lol yeah I thought if I began those two biggies that's all I'd get to! hahaha.. but maybe after Pratchett who knows?

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Just like you, I look forward to Carl's challenges each spring and fall (and start looking for books to add to my challenge lists weeks in advance)! Happy reading!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

And guess what I've decided will be my first OUaT read this year. Yep, since I have such a hard time making myself read on the computer, I've finally decided that I just need to print Kesterwood out. :D About time, huh? And I've decided to treat myself by starting over since it's been so long since I read the first part.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

This is so exciting. I always add tons of books to my TBR during this challenge. Have fun reading all of your books Pat!

3:10 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

stephanie: I always do!I hope you do too!

Debi:do you have a kindle ? you can download it to something like that.. printing uses way too much ink! even if you only print "kesterwood forest" and not the other two!!!

Kathleen: yes, me too! I never had a real tbr pile until I met OUaT !!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG Pat...if it's possible you've made me even MORE excited about this challenge!!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you're reading The Wee Free Men :D And Watership Down! And Pathfinder! Squeeeee :D

11:51 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

You've made me a believer too :D I'm going to participate for the first time...I'm excited! And a little nervous :/

3:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: yep almost done with wee free men and on to the second one in your book!!! I dunno which other ones I will get to after 4 pratchett books! I hope you read Jonathan Stroud!!!

Hi Anime! so glad you are joining!!! it's fun to read all the reviews as well as what you are reading! I hope you have fun!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

I loved Watership Down when I read it and I'm excited to hear about Wintersmith and I shall Wear Midnight!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh I hope you read Name of the Wind too, it is very good - I read it two years ago for OUaT, and really loved it too. It's stuck with me, and now I'm so anxious to get my hands on the new one!

I want to read Pathfinder too, and long ago I read Watership Down and I really liked it. You have some excellent books there, Pat!

Isn't this a wonderful challenge?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

Pat, I am so excited that it is time for OUAT and very impressed by your pile of books!

10:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

jess: i read watership down when i was very young and admitting that i remember very little of it!

Susan: I'm a little afraid to begin Name of the Wind because I have book 2 and both are rather large I may read something before them so that I am able to read all 5 books I commited to! lol

Gavin: i love this and RIP ! Both Carl manages to make a lot of fun!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Ooooh! That looks like a lovely pile! And I'm glad to hear/read that you've already read (most of) "The Wee Free Men" and are enjoying it! ^-^

I hope you'll have fun with the challenge! ^-^

6:46 AM  
Blogger Chrisbookarama said...

I loved Watership Down. A really great read! And I listened to Legend of Sleepy Hollow on audiobook and it was such fun. Good luck!

7:53 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! This is quite a challenge...! And you have quite a list of books, Pat. I know you love love LOVE to read, so this is right up your alley!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Chelle said...

Great list of books! I've been wanting to read Patrick Rothfuss forever, but have lately felt daunted by the page count. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Darren @ Bart's Bookshelf said...

Fantastic book pool for the challenge! I'm so looking forward to reading some great books for OUaT V :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kristen M. said...

I read three Pratchett books and then got caught up with other books. I need to get back to the series. Everything I read was wonderful!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home