My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Random Thoughts & Photos

... sometimes I wonder if I will make it thru the day.

... sometimes I'm amazed when an unexpected happy thought comes to mind.

... old isn't what it's cracked up to be.

... I want to choke the person who coined the phrase "golden years".

... I would love to see the grand canyon...for about a week, heh.

... I wish I could find out my ancestry, but I don't have the money and I know just by watching "who am I anyway", that I don't even understand looking at a census!   Does this mean I'll never know?  I would bet I have 1/2 brothers or sisters out there.

... there's a star trek con in Orlando in March.. wish I could afford to go. there's also the fact my car is not reliable.  *sigh*

... why do old people become invisible?

... oh how I wish we'd go back to the moon before I die. I wonder how the astronauts that went to the moon feel about not going back? Do they feel they risked their lives for nothing? 

... I want to run away to Kesterwood Forest. (I realize that doesn't mean anything to most of you ..sorry)

... lord I just added to my tbr list...AGAIN! will it ever be under 100 ?

... I keep thinking I will get something so I can walk and listen to audio books (free from the library) but I don't even know what format most of them are.  cds?

... Why do I get so scared when I don't feel well?

... I am loving reading Among Others.

... I hope Chris and Matt are deliriously happy.

... I pray I don't get Alzheimers.. memories are so cherished.

.. I think I rambled too long...

11 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

You aren't forgotten. You have lots of people that love you. I mean, because of blogging you have a sister and a son! So, your world is getting bigger instead of smaller, right?

I am sorry you can't go to the Convention.

I hope Chris and Matt are having a fun time together, too! Chris deserves it. :)

Cheer up, though, Pat! Also, I really have to buy Among Others...

1:51 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Kelly.. sometimes it's funny how many different things cross your mind in such a short period of time.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You are definitely NOT forgotten. Thanks to your blogs you have many blogging friends and we are thinking about you and sending you positive thoughts. Hang in there!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

A lot of this stuff occurs to me too, especially the alzheimers. It's stupid but you just can't help worrying. I suppose I've started to realise that I'm not immortal.

*HUGS* you tight, Sis. We all luv ya.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

*hugs hugs hugs*

I wish so much that I could come and take you to the convention, and then head out to the Grand Canyon. We could stop and grab Chris on the way. And I wish I could help you with the genealogy thing, but I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it. But most of all, I wish I could make you not feel invisible! I understand what you mean though, and I've no idea why society is that way. Know that you are not invisible to all the many, many people who love you though, Pat!!! Which, of course, includes me. *hugs hugs hugs*

1:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen:thank you..whats sad is, no one really realizes how "forgotten" old people are until you too are one of them!

cath: I do get scared. heck I was talking to a young man in a store about computers and each thing I wanted to ask about I couldn't come up with the names ! Not one! I wanted to ask about where to find the control panel in windows 7..think I could come up with "control panel"..nope. *sigh*

Debi: ohhh that would be grand!!! conventions are such fun and seeing the grand canyon with you , your family and chris would be the BEST!! lol gosh I like how you dream!

6:43 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I have been saying for many years now...'The person who coined "The Golden Years" should be shot!....' And I am not a very violent person, usually....!! These years are SOOOO NOT 'Golden'....The phrase that makes a lot more sense to me is: "Old Age Ain't For Sissy's..." INDEED!

I enjoyed your ramblings Pat, because they are all real....Thanks for sharing these feelings, my dear.

1:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: "Old age ain't for Sissy's"... soooooo True!!!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I worry about Alzheimer's too, I can't remember the names of things sometimes "What's it called, you know" falls from my mouth more than I'd like, and most of all, I wish you could go to the Star Trek con. If I lived closer, I'd do your genealogy with you - I've been doing mine for a couple of years now. If you want to talk about it, email me and I'll tell you what I've learned to do. Most of it is by computer, too!!!

I LOVE the McCoy cups, you knew I would too, didn't you??? lol

1:27 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Susan : there used to be lots of places you could take a photo to and they'd put them on mugs! Oddly enough I don't see them around much anymore

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

Um...forgotten? I don't think so...otherwise I wouldn't bug you on the phone so much :P

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home