My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Time for a Little Change

There was so little going on at the Pond lately that I decided to take a short ride to see if I could find something to photograph...

I remember hearing that if you turned down this one road there were a number of restaurants and that they were "on the water".. the Indian River that is.  The Indian River divides the mainland from Hutchinson Island that runs along the east coast.  Once you cross the Indian River and continue on to the beach you then get to see the Atlantic Ocean.

Enough of that.. I took the turn down to see the fine places to dine, and at the end of that street you can park and walk out to see the Indian River.. which I did.

The first thing I saw were beautiful posts designed with tiles.

There were 4 in all.. each one different and each side different..

From here you can walk out on a "dock" and be right on the River.  I did this and at first all was calm, when suddenly I saw a "fin".. then I saw it again and  zoomed the lens out to get a look.  It was Dolphins!

There were two and after a bit they started splashing and playing.

I really couldn't see much of them but I did take one last photo.. and it showed me that this particular Dolphin was tagged.  I guess they want to see if it keeps coming into the River or not.

I then walked back off of the dock and talked with my friend who was with me.. she sat down on a bench and we rested a bit, when I noticed a Pelican flying low.  It landed on a pole half way across the river, but I zoomed in and the photo didn't come out  too bad.

Just before we left another Pelican came flying low and landed right on the corner of the dock.  I whipped out the camera again and took a few more shots.

It was like he knew I was taking the photo's when he turned his head and looked my way.  Very nicely he kept the pose long enough for me to take the photo!

We decided to go to the ocean.. which meant crossing this bridge..

The beach didn't impress me this trip.. there were many people soaking up the sun but most of the "beach" seemed to have been washed away..it was pretty sad looking.   But I took one shot of a wave breaking, we stood around for a few minutes and then headed home.

I was thrilled to see the Dolphins.. I've never seen them "in the wild".. and of course Mr Pelican was most gracious.  Luckily it was very close to home as the gas prices have gone nuts and joy riding is no longer and option. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've never seen dolphins in real life either. How amazing that you got to see some! And I love those beautiful pillars... That pelican is definitely posing for you, Pat. He must have friends at the pond who called to say you were on the way... ;-p

8:53 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Seeing the Dolphins and those dear Pelicans---What A GREAT Treat! That second picture of the Pelican looking right at you is a GEM!
I LOVE those columns, too---so beautiful and very imaginative too....!
A lovely outing, my dear.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sounds and looks like your outing was lots of fun.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Dolphins and the ocean....you are making me homesick, Pat! What gorgeous photos of the water and the dolphins. We used to have them come play by our boat (I lived on a sailboat when I was 13 and 14, on the Pacific side of the contintent). Your photos bring back so many memories. How special for you to see them now, too. Thank you for sharing, so much!

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home