My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 22, 2011

A Good Photo Day at da Pond

Feeding time for the turtles

Soft-shelled Turtle

 

 

Hmmm, the duck seems a tad "chubby"!

"DeadEye"

 

omg! The little blue Heron...I didn't even realize he had caught a fish!

Little Blue Heron going to the other side of the pond.

9 Comments:

Blogger cj said...

Wonderful photos as always, Pat. How do you manage to get them in flight like that?

And, as long as I'm asking questions... whatever happened to the crocodiles? Or were they gators?

cjh

11:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That blue heron is GORGEOUS!!! Love him!!! Looks like a great photo day at the pond :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: those would be gators and it disappeared and never came back, which is a good thing!

Chris yes they are pretty and his blue beak is it's breeding colors, so it's not just fish he's hunting!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

That first one is really striking... kind of scary. Also love the two birds together and the one in flight. These are stunning as always, sis.

6:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: so nice to have my own sis like my photo's *giggle* thanks!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, looks like it was an exciting day at the pond!

7:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: not sure exciting is the word to use around here but the birds did well lol

5:42 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love all these shots, Pat. But that last one--WOW!!!
And those turtles always make me smile--they just look so darn odd. :)

7:57 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE, LOVE LOVE these pictures! So animated and dear....I love that you continue to immortalize all these WONDERFUL Birds, here on your Blog, dear Pat...So well-deserved, too! Thank You for honoring these amazing Birds that frequent your Pong....!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home