My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

Well here's a movie I watched that fits for OUaT...

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows...  actually, it would almost fit RIP more ! lol.. this was a dark, dark, dark, movie!  Plenty of action and, as per the title... even death! (*que the twilight theme*)

I didn't get to see this in the movie theater so I was glad when it arrived in the mail from good ol' Amazon.

I wondered, since I read the books so long ago if I'd know what was going on, and surprisingly I had no problem following it.  I did miss Dumbledor and there was almost no Hagrid or Snape and no Maggie Smith at all  .  Wow.. I am pouting even now!

..this 2 parter is more about the 3 kids, all of them constantly in deep deep trouble as they run trying to figure out how they can find and eliminate the Horcruxes...

Along the way there's fast adventure, and tender moments intermittent.  Good and bad.  Happy and Sad... it's all in this movie and when it ends you KNOW that "there's more to come"!

For some reason or another (just don't know) I felt a lot more disconnected to the movie. It just didn't hit me that I was watching old friends in peril .  In this particular case..the book was better. Maybe because I took breaks that it didn't feel as dark as it looked on the screen.

But if you as me will I miss Harry Potter and the whole supporting case once the last movie is released.. the answer will still be yes.

Wonderful characters that we saw grow up in front of our eyes, with the best "supporting cast" in many a year for any movie.  I already miss Dumbledor, and love McGonagall and Hagrid and Snape.  I had the pleasure of meeting Warwick Davis once so I was always happy to see them use in the movie (professor Flitwick/goblin/).  And the guest stars for each movie were always cast well:  re: Gary Oldman as Sirius / David Thewlis as Prof. Lupin/  Brendan Gleeson as Mad-eye Moody... just to name a few.

Does anyone realize that the first Harry Potter movie came out in 2001 ?!! And here we are about to finish them up in 2011.  Amazing. Simply Amazing.

I can't say I was thrilled with the movie, like the others, but I wouldn't have missed it..nor the last part that opens here in July.

I will miss them all.  (especially Rupert Grint, who had the funniest lines in all the movies!  ..."why did it have to be spiders?  Why couldn't it have been, follow the butterflies?"...admit it you're smiling! :o)   )

5 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

I picked this up on Friday when it came out, but haven't popped it in yet. I had all my Friday watches (Camelot, supernatural, a new Sanctuary...) and on Saturday night there was the Toy Story Takeover on Starz... Toy Story 1 & 2 followed by the premier of Toy Story 3. Since I hadn't purchased TS3 yet I was interested. Plus, since I saw this at the theater, there won't be any surprises :) Still, we said as we left the theater "Have to get this on DVD when it comes out!" Like there was any doubt. We have all the others LOL!

Like you, I found it the darkest of the lot so far, but then each movie (along with each book) got darker, so I guess I expected it!

We can't wait for the 2nd part and plan to see it in the theater, probably will spring for the extra bucks and see it in 3D too ;)

11:06 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi JJ: I think what disappointed me most was my lack of interest. To me they really messed up waiting so long to put this one out. And of course I missed many of the regulars ..but I think that's the visual by seeing the movie.. i don't remember missing them so much when I read the book.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I agree that they messed up waiting so long to put this one out. I forgot about it almost and it was almost an anti-climax when we eventually got to see it. Plus... I miss Hogwarts but, like you, I don't remember any of that when I read the book. Which is odd.

6:33 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I know this may same like Heresy...but, I've never read these books or seen any of the films. I'm not sure what it is--but it just doesn't interest me. I wish it did, because people tell me I'm missing something quite special....But I'm glad you love the books and most of the movies, dear Pat.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I agree... This movie was not as fun as the others. But still a good flick ! Can't wait for the grand finale !!!

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home