My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 08, 2011

High 80's and Counting..

Well, we've gone from this photo, 3 days ago....

...to this..

...and the degrees keep going UP.  Summer is about here in southern Florida.  Soon we will be totally closed up and living in air conditioning.  I am happy that for a few more days, at least, I can still have my window open at night but that has gone from the high 60's and jumped up to the mid 70's also... :o(

For the few of you who aren't on Tumblr or Facebook.. I've had some luck with an Egret that comes around.  She/ he seems to do some good posing for me.

( like getting early morning shots before the fountain goes on..it gives me nice reflections!)

As for books.. 

oh! did I say that word again?!  *heh*

Ok so I'm ending up the "great buys" and the end of the gift certificate.

I've had the first 2 Terry Brooks books to "the Heritage of Shannara" in the form of 1 big book for some time now.  I kept expecting the last 2 to come out the same way (together in one book) but that wasn't happening so I found 2 good used copies at Alibris for 99 cents each (plus postage unfortunately) but they are in excellent condition.  Then I purchased the Faery Tale book with the last of my gift cert. so  it cost me one dollar and three cents. :o)  And last but not least when I took my son Thom to the used book store I found this very large, in very good condition biography of Hemingway for.. you guessed it: 1.00. 

Part of me smiles largely at buys like this but my few book shelves keep groaning under the pressure and one shelf is even bowed now. *gulp*.. and yet................  and yet...................

I wait for ONE MORE BOOK.

The cream of the crop, if it's in the condition they say it's in!! 

I Found a hard back copy of "The White Dragon" by Anne McCaffrey... for...

are you on the edge of your seat waiting?... 

for.............................

THIRTY.............

CENTS! 

I wrote the seller and asked if it had the paper cover and they said yes.  I've got my fingers crossed!  I know I will never afford the first two books in hardback but if this one is "good" I will be as thrilled as when I found the Maggie Smith book!!  I certainly hope it has the Michael Whelan cover!!!  I will be very disappointed if it doesn't!  It was listed as "in very good condition"...

So.. if you are my friend........

fall to your knees and cross your fingers for me! lol 

of course I will take a photo and post it as soon as it gets here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I came very very close to buying Faery Tale last night, but changed my mind. I probably will give in eventually...

12:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG!! What an awesome find with the White Dragon!! I have a big smile on my face for you :) And Faery Tale looks really cool! Can't wait to hear about it! P.S. I'm in LOVE with that first pic of the palm trees in the cloudy sky...beautiful

9:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: it sounds good (duh or I wouldn't have bought it lol) gosh knows when I will get to it!

Chris: oh Chris I hope it is in as good a shape as they say and has the michael whelan cover!!
oh wow.. you like storm clouds huh? On a differ rain storm I sent a photo of the clouds to the news station here and they showed it on tv.. they've shown a number of my pics, but I don't send a lot.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Can I get up off me knees yet???? I'm not as young as I was...

I really must get around to reading some Terry Brooks. I dunno why I never have.

And I can just hear that egret thinking, 'There's Pat... better show her my good side to photograph'. ;-p

10:50 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I am not on Facebook or the other one you mentioned so I pray you keep posting your wonderful Pond Pictures here, too, Pat....That Egret is BEAUTIFUL beyond words...! I am always astounded at how 'clean and white' they are....Lovely lovely pictures, my dear....
AND, Congrats on your Thirty-Cent Bargain...THAT IS FABULOUS!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home