My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meeting a Blogger!

I got to meet a fellow blogger, Animewookie!  She comments at my blog and some time ago I discovered that she is from NJ (which is where I was born and raised).  Anyway Kelly and her family were coming to Florida for a vacation and she asked if she could come to meet me.  heh..anyone fool enough to come here to the "old folks home" is more than welcome!

So she came!  And today (April 18th) is when we actually met!

It really is true how great it is to meet new people and make friendships that you never would have been able to had it not been for the Internet.  Yes, I know bad things happen from it too... but good things happen more often.. at least I hope so.

This case was a good thing!  We gabbed like we had known each other for some time, then we looked at stuff on the computer and we looked  at autographs and of course we talked about books!  Kelly even gave me a gift certificate from Books a Million! (like I need books huh Kelly?! lol but thank you, thank you just the same!)  As we discussed some books I remembered I had that huge Sherlock Holmes book I never read and was about to donate and brought it out with a few other hardbacks I was going to donate and as it happened... Kelly went home with all of them! LOL  I think we call this "book bonding" lol..

Later I took her out to the pond so she could feed this one Ibis that has made friends with my son Thom.  I didn't know if he'd eat from her hand but sure enough the Florida Chicken (Ibis) came right to her!

I told her to hold the bread high and he'd fly up to take some and sure enough, that worked too!!

I never thought I'd say I was glad an Ibis was around (piggies that they are) but this time I was glad so that she got to meet a bird from the pond.  We spotted a soft shelled turtle too but unfortunately, not much was around today.

It was great meeting a fellow blogger!  First person I've met from the computer in many a year.  I have met others long ago and everyone I've met has been super nice.

Thanks again for coming !  I totally enjoyed our visit!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

This is so lovely, Pat. I'm totally envious of Kelly of course. lol. But it sounds like you had a wonderful time and you even managed to give her books! I only know her slightly since I started reading her new book blog but she sounds like such a lovely person and I'm so glad you had a nice experience. I've met many people that I first met online and never had a bad experience yet.

9:45 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

How wonderful...! I have met msybe 6 bloggers over the years and each one has been a delightful experience as well as so much fun!

I think those Ibis are BEAUTIFUL! And how sweet that he/she are from Kelly's hand....!

2:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath srnt you an email

naomi: yrs i met several other people when i lived out in ca and everyone was super

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

That is so awesome that you got to meet a fellow blogger! I have yet to have the opportunity but I am quite sure I will one day. Glad your visit was so enjoyable for you.

7:32 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: it's always nice to meet the people we "talk" to on line ..at least so far lol

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Sounds like you had a fun time, Pat! Great pictures, too. :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kailana: your name was mentioned in our talks lol.. since you and she are both named Kelly! lol

2:38 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Pat, thank you soooo much for having me. I had such a wonderful time. If I had left Florida without seeing you I would have greatly regreted it, and I hope to see you next time I come. You're really an amazing person and such a joy to spend time with. I hope you get to spend time with your sister over seas one day as well :D

9:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Kelly.. I'm glad you came by too! I am probably the only one in fla to say this but I'm envious you are headed back to cooler weather!! (at least for now). Have a safe trip home!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, this just made me all teary-eyed! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and that makes me ever so happy! And Kelly sounds absolutely delightful!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

That is wonderful! I'm so glad you got to meet her, and happy to see that your feathered neighbors were kind to her as well! :) I wish we could all stumble across a wealthy benefactor who would pay to get all of us bloggers together. That would be so much fun.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home