My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ruth!!!!

My    30 cent plus shipping hard back book of The White Dragon arrived today!!  

So... who didn't hear me scream when the postman came????

First, .. I am very pleased at what I got for the price!!  It's not perfect but it's not horribly bad either!  (I used pledge on the cover and it helped clean it up a bit lol)

I am now the very proud owner of The White Dragon in a hard back version!!!  I dare you to go to ebay or anywhere and try pricing the original trilogy (Dragonflight, DragonQuest, & The White Dragon) and be prepared to have your jaw drop to the floor!

So once I inspected it for myself I took it into the bookcase holding all the other Pern books and introduced it to them.. it is it's future home ya know.

Then My book met my Bookwyrms! 

(they danced with delight)

and lastly... my book met it's namesake, BabyRuth. (no not the candybar!)

I could tell that BabyRuth was impressed!

Ruth just couldn't keep his hands off of the book. (yes, you read that right.. Ruth, the White Dragon is a male, so that makes Jr. a male too!)

As you see I went crazy taking photo's of the book, finding it hard to believe that I actually own this one in hardback!!!   I found a "new" one for 49.99 on amazon and I can't believe I am saying this, but I am really, really tempted. (that's one of the bad, bad things about a charge card!.. and that wouldn't be bad if I had an "income" heh... )  I bookmarked the page with the "new" one ... only one is 49.99 then it jumps up to over 100.00 and even over 200.00!.. maybe now you see why I am so thrilled at my "not so new" copy for a total of 4.30!

I just love Anne McCaffrey's Pern books above all other books!.. I am also cringing to know (unless she cancels) she will be at Dragon Con in Atlanta Ga in September!  She had either a heart attack or stroke a year or so back so I am shocked she is signed to appear there.   Now ask me how much I'd like her autograph on my "hardback"... go ahead, ask!  Well, no don't do that, I might have to answer lol.. or I might have to spend the 49.99 to get a new one for her to sign!!

Sheesh.. nothing wrong with dreamin' is there?!

If someone said, "you can have all three books in hardback or... have Anne McCaffrey sign the one you have, what would I do?"

*hangs head* I'd want the trilogy in hardback! .. but, I'll be totally honest, I have her signature on a paperback  "Dolphins of Pern".. :o)

Ok.. enough gushing...I really need to delete that bookmark to the "new" copy lol...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Congratulations on acquiring a book that means so much to you and for such a great price!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

LOL! Great post, Pat. You always take such fun book pictures. Well done on getting the book you wanted so cheaply. Good spot, you could easily have missed that. And I'm envious because, apart from the three little Harper Hall books, The White Dragon is my favourite Pern book.

6:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks kathleen!!

cath: I really am tempted to get the 50 dollar book..new! I've never seen it that "cheap"! most are over 100.00 and even over 200.00 dollars!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

OK, you have made me want to check out this series, just because of how excited you are over this book!

5:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Daphne: lol ok check them on amazon. Dragonflight/ Dragonquest/ and The White Dragon. Those are the main 3 books and can end there. however.... if you really like them you might want to read the Harper Hall trilogy after that :o) (actually, over the years there are some 28 Pern books! but they can easily end at the first 3 or first 6.. or.. lol you can continue on ..but its not "necessary" except if you get so hooked on Pern that you can't leave! Let me know!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home