My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Seeing as it's Easter 'n' all....

Since it's the Easter Holiday for many people I thought I'd share this photo of Charlton Heston when he portrayed Moses. (I put the photo on Facebook but thought it deserved to be here also. The movie was on last night)

I saw and (barely) met Mr. Heston at an autograph show when I lived out in California. 

The shows were held at a Holiday Inn not far from Universal Studios. Anyway, at the time I was regularly helping Jonathan Harris (Lost in Space) and so when I learned Mr. Heston would be there signing I was a little down that I wouldn't be able to stand in his horrendous line to obtain his autograph.  I did go and ask the people helping him if he would sign a photo if I sent it to him and they told me he would and gave me his managers address to send it to. As you can see, indeed, he did sign it for me!

A funny thing happened at the Holiday Inn where the show was.  I was outside in back of the hotel going to another area where dealers sold memorabilia .  Out of the corner of my eye I caught a movement and looked across the pool only to see Mr Heston walking there.. and well.. I have to admit this... it looked as if he was walking on the pool water!..heh..When the time came I had no choice of the many photo's of him but to get this one !  And my first memory of seeing him will always remain that of Charlton Heston walking on water!

4 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

LOL--that just cracked me up!

Happy Easter, Pat!!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

The story is as great as the pic. Happy Easter Pat :D

11:10 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Was hat the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn Hotel?? I know that both Betty G. and Lee Meriwether have done a lot of those Autograph shows there, waaaay in the past. I mus ask Lee if they still have them there. She always gives all the money to charity---In her case, THEATRE WEST....and the few times Betty did it, she did the same. Very generous, I must say.

HAPPY EASTER, MY DEAR PAT!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Ah, what a fantastic story!!! Happy belated Easter!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home