My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Thank you Kelly!

When Kelly came to visit me she gave me a gift !  It was a gift card from Books-a-Million ..(I can't imagine why she would think of a gift like that! *snort)  I went and looked around the store .Generally I find some "bargain books" to get but nothing appealed to me..so I looked in the rest of the store. (bad mistake lol)

I came across this authorized Biography of Roald Dahl, called Storyteller.  Most will remember him from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or maybe  James and the Giant Peach (both of which I read to my kids when they were young).

What I remember most though is that for some time he was married to the actress Patricia Neal.  I knew he was with her when she had a nearly fatal stroke and with his guidance she came out of it much better than they thought she would.  Then unfortunately they split up.

Anyway I had to add a few dollars to the gift card but this was what I finally got with it.. so THANK YOU KELLY!!! 

I know I won't get to it for a bit yet as I am only half way through Name of the Wind, which is over 600 pgs, and I have Wise Man's Fear waiting, both for OUaT. I have a few Bio's that I am getting antsy to read. 

...and so.. my TBR pile grows yet again!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

What a lovely and appropriate gift. Delighted you found something interesting to spend it on. The only non-fiction I've read about Dahl is the one he wrote about his childhood. Can't remember the title now... naturally.

6:35 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Oh Pat you are more than welcome :D I must say it wasn't a completely selfless act...I get to read the blog you'll eventually write about the book...it's a win, win situation...lol

7:24 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Looks like you made a wonderful choice, Pat. Hope you enjoy!!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one. Pollyanna that I am, I was reluctant to pick this up after reading both of Dahl's autobiographies last year, Boy and Going Solo...both excellent books.

Fantastic cover! I associate that artwork so much with Dahl that it is perfect to have it on the cover.

What a wonderful gift!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home