My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Top 10 Books That I Absolutely Had to Have... But Still Haven't Read.

I saw a post named the Top 10 Books that I absolutely had to have , ..but still haven't read, over at Telecommuter Talk. a while back.  I immediately cracked up because I have about 140 of those same sort of books! So I went in search of: 10 books.

Right. Like I expect to be able to do "just 10" .  If it were that easy I'd only have a tbr pile of 10 lol... ok here we go: (in no particular order and sticking to the rules of 10)

 

  1.  Hide and Seek: the Life of J.M Barrie by Lisa Chaney

  Ever since reading "Neverland" I became more interested in JM Barrie's life.  I hope to get to this soon.. but then I feel this way about all my books in my tbr pile.

  2. Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

   This one seems to high on everyone's list. Along with the second book.

   3.Notes of a Cowardly Lion by John Lahr

    I like Biographies of the stars gone by.  I think I can blame that on Simon Louvish for bringing to life many stars and also what life was like when movies were in their infancy.

   4. The Terror by Dan Simmons

  What can I say?  Dan Simmons wrote Drood !  That should say why I'd want to read a second book by him.

   5. Seven Percent Solution by Nicholas Meyer

   Although I have seen the movie with the same name..  I want to read this because I have met Nicholas Meyer, as a director and seen the movies he's directed and read other books by him.. so it's sort, kinda, a "personal connection thing".

   6. The Moonstone by Wilke Collins

   Once again I blame Dan Simmons for writing such a good and interesting book in Drood.

   7. The Childrens Book by A S  Byatt

   What if I said I don't even remember why on this one??? lol

    8- 9-&   10. Hood/ Scarlet & Tuck by Stephen R Lawhead.

   I bought this trilogy when it was first out thinking that when I want a little change that reading books that harbor around Robin Hood couldn't be all bad right?.. right.

Of course you realize I could do this sort of post everyday for 140 books worth right?  I thought so.

10 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

One of the reasons I love my Nook is that I don't need a TBR pile anymore. When I finish a book (no matter what time of day or night) I just go and decide what I want to read next and download it. Usually from the Library for free... which with all the re-doing and furnishing of our new place is a -huge- plus right now :)

Now for a confession... I still have a TBR pile of a few books I bought before G bought me the Nook.

11:21 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

#1 and #3 are books I would like to read, too....John Lahr writes reviews for The New Yorker and he is a wonderful writer.
Like you, I am very interested in J.M. Barrie, too....So, I'm thrilled you mentioned both these books, Pat.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm planning a post like this too at some stage (I saw it on BooksPlease I think). Just need to get around to it. Love yours, Pat. The Moonstone is the only one I've read and would happily read any of the others as they all look excellent.

But yeah... I could also do post after post on the theme as well. LOL.

12:40 PM  
Blogger GeraniumCat said...

Oh boy! Should I even think about doing one of these posts? It might stir up way too munch guilt...I liked The Children's Book, but she does go on a bit ;-)

12:57 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi JJ: I might like a nook but I'd never stop buying books!!!

Cath: yeah this is a post we can do over and over again lol.. have to laugh or i'll cry LOL

geranium: yeah yeah do it ! lol nah never too much guilt to stop us buying books!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I never would be able to narrow it down to just 10. Just thinking about it hurts my head!! lol

5:28 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I've got Hood, Scarlet, & Tuck in my TBR pile too! I keep thinking that one day I'll get to them :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to have to peruse my shelves tonight to see what my top 10 would be. I know they exist. Heck, I know A LOT more than 10 exist! I try not to think to hard about this though, because when I think of what I sometimes pay for books when they are released vs. seeing if I could get them cheaper used online or at Half Price Books, it makes me cringe!

1:23 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

becky: me too! hahahahaha

Carl: I chose any 10 ! obviously I want to read them all or I wouldn't have bought them! lol

2:17 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I saw this at Telecommuter Talk too, and really want to do it....then I go to my shelves and get depressed at all I haven't read yet, and then check my Amazon list for what I still have to get.....*sigh* it would be well over 10, I wonder what my top 10 are? Hmmm, the hardcover copy of Drood that I made my husband run out and buy when I hurt my back two years ago, is still here and unread! lol that would be near the top of the list.....I like your list, Pat. I know you've just finished reading The Name of the Wind and liked it! lol that's one off for you now! And The Terror - oooh, that was my book of the year three years ago. That's why I bought Drood! lol And darn, I had no idea Stephen Lawhead had done a trilogy on Robin Hood!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home