My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Believe It or Not

This post should be called: Will I ever Finish Wise Man's Fear?.  I don't have the definitive answer yet but I am creeping up on 700 pages which means I only have 300 more to go (the size of yet one more book) !  However, I don't seem to be in a rush to complete the books because I feel like it's going to leave me *hanging*, and I am of the age that having to wait too long could mean I'll never get to read the last book! Ugh! (also because I now feel comfortable with a 994 page book in my lap!)

Ok.. so .. this post is for all you ladies (and men) out there who, although we grew up with a mother who ironed *all our clothes*, refuse to acknowledge that *any* of the clothes I now wear actually  *need* to be ironed!

This folks is my iron..

Why I brought it with me when I moved to Florida is beyond my comprehension!  I haven't used the iron in so long I was amazed that when I plugged it in ..it actually heated up! (damn! now I have to use it!)

I knew before I began this activity.. that it would be a once upon a time thing for me, for no matter that the air conditioning is on in the apartment, the sweat would provide enough drips that I wouldn't need to "sprinkle" any objects on the ironing board!  (is there anyone else old enough out there to remember bottles that had a push in sprinkler cap? ack!)

I took two photo's just so you can be absolutely sure I really own the iron and ironing board up AND used it!  (pathetic, I know!)

You can trust the fact that I didn't over use it nor do I intend on using it often!  I guess I felt an obligation to at least bring it out once every 2 years!

But I have promised myself to preserve the Iron until it becomes a collectable antique, then I can go on Antique Roadshow and make some money on it!  Which is much preferable to actually using it!

Now if anyone can tell me how my mind works that one day I am talking Space, the final frontier, and the next day talking about small electrical items about the home..............

Ohhhhh wait!  OMG! I'm not crazy after all!  (a bit of trivia here)..

I bet most of you out there didn't know that my friend, DeForest Kelley did a voice in a cartoon called , "The Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars!"  1998 .Taaadaaa!  (voice of Viking 1)

See there?!!  Space/ toaster/ iron... makes sense to me!

Honestly.. there's no accounting for my mind!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

LOL! HAHAHAHA heheheheheh

I shouldn't be here as we have our grandson today but your post... speaking as a dedicated ironer... made me *hoot*.

Gotta go....

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can still remember learning to iron. My job was to iron my dad's hankerchiefs and our pillow cases. That's how old I am!!

3:11 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

I also ...own...an iron, and indeed a board, but I rarely, and I do mean Rarely, use them. My grandmother was, and my mother still is an avid ironer. I however, did not inherent the gene...lol Great post, got me thinking about the board...so lonely and unused under my bed...lol

5:42 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hahahahaha...I don't EVER iron! In fact, last time I went to visit Matt, we were getting ready to go out and he said "you need to iron that shirt first" :p Upon which I said "no I don't" :p Upon which he took the shirt from me and ironed it himself, lol.

11:57 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I think I did the post just for you lol

kathleen: I should be so old! lol

kelly: hooray! a woman after my own heart! hahahaha

Chris: good boy! break him right! h ahaha

12:17 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

My mother did iron clothes, but it is something my wife never, or at least very rarely, does. I, on the other hand, iron several times a week. I'm not one to go and iron everything at once, I just iron when I need to, but generally during the work week I iron probably four out of five mornings on average. Even the supposedly "wrinkle free" shirts I wear to work need a bit of ironing and although I'm not OCD about it, I'm not one to wear a wrinkled shirt to work. I even iron when I go on vacation because the clothes I pack inevitably end up all wrinkled coming out of the suitcase. I imagine I'm a rarity.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home