My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Glossy Ibis

Wow! We had a visit from a new guy on the block!   When I first saw it I thought it was a brown ibis and I just couldn't see white patches ..(which is a juvenile white Ibis ).. 

I quick snapped some pictures and I'm glad I did for numerous reasons.. one being that someone walked outside and the bird flew away .. the other was clear to me once I put the photo's on my computer!..

The bird is gorgeous!.. and indeed (after looking in my bird book) it IS an Ibis!.. a Glossy Ibis to be precise.

Let me show you the great colors on this bird!  Boy I wish more of them would come around!  The white ones get boring!

At first it's back was to me and I really couldn't see the colors until it was on the computer! They are just gorgeous!

wow!  This one is a whole lot prettier than the "Florida chicken" that my son was feeding! I hope he/she returns! I wish all the Ibis looked like this one!!

5 Comments:

Blogger animewookie said...

I just love the coloration, so beautiful :D

3:32 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What an incredible bird!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That really is a gorgeous bird! I love the colors in his feathers so much!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Well, who says blogging isn't educational! I'd never heard of a glossy ibis, now I have, and even know what one looks like: gorgeous!

10:09 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! So So Colorful! I hope he comes back and brings some of his pals with him...!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home