My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happiness is.......

Hooray! Book 5 of the Nicholas Flamel series: The Warlock came in the mail !!!! (actually this happened a few days ago and I am 1/2 way thru The Warlock, but wanted to share the "mail")

Actually 2 books came (still waiting on the used ones ) I always spend enough so I don't have to pay shipping.  And there's always more then enough on my wish list to do so.. *groan*

Question: ok.. is it just me or does the girls face on Random Magic make Nicole Kidman come to mind?? (not the red hair of course).. something about the eyes.  The moment I saw this cover I thought of her!! *sheesh*..

Anyway, I am waiting for 2 more books (used) in the mail.. they are: Cecil B DeMille by Simon Louvish and Spellwright by Blake Charlton.

Meanwhile, as I said I am 1/2 way thru The Warlock.  I am not reading fast because I waited a whole year for this book and have to wait another whole year for the last book to come out!!

On another note, for those who read my blog and I read theirs:  As many know there are still problems with Blogspot.  Some people will notice that on certain blogs you cannot leave a comment.  You will also notice that on those blogs they do not use "pop up comments"..  I have found the fix! Or rather read about it in help on blogspot.. it seems if those people NOT using pop up comments changes to it (in settings/ comments) then everyone will once again be able to leave comments.  Until I found this out I was emailing comments to those who's blogs I could no longer leave comments.    Just thought I'd pass this tidbit along because blogspot surely does NOT get back to you when you leave a written problem.. I found the answer among other's who stumbled on the fix.

9 Comments:

Blogger animewookie said...

OMG!!! It's totally Nicole Kidman playing Pippi Longstocking...lol Thanks for all your help Pat :D

8:13 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I immediately thought that was Nicole Kidman before you even mentioned it. It is obvious the author used her as a model. And while I love Nicole Kidman and find her quite beautiful, that cover is a bit much.

Did you get the books from Amazon? If so I see that they used their usual packing method (unless you removed the packaging already) of just throwing the books in a box. They look like the arrived in good shape, I hope that is the case. While I still order from them (can't beat the prices usually), their quality of care is horrible.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

The Warlock is a book I plan to read. I read the first book in this series, but then all the rest had a waiting list for the e-book, so I put them aside and when they are more available I will start over from the beginning. It's not like I don't have plenty of others I'm dying to read. Right now I am reading A Game of Thrones. Wow... It's long and there are a lot of people to remember, but it caught my interest immediately and I am plowing through and I think I will have to finish the whole series before I move on to something else LOL!

12:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kelly: LOL a perfect description! hahahahaha.

Carl: yeah the cover actually did nothing for me but reviews did so I ordered it.. yeah suddenly they stopped the "fitted plastic" over the books and only put in some oversized bubbles. I guess they want to get more money. Like they are filthy rich already lol


omg JJ.. that's a huge series!! I wish I had hbo to watch it but I don't... also heard they hired Roy Dotrice for the audio on the last book.. who i love to death so wish I could have the audio versions.. oh well..one day my ship will come in..though it will most likely be a ghost ship!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

You are lucky in that they were put in a decent sized box. Usually my orders come loose in a box waaay to big for it and they show the effects of sliding back and forth during shipping.

I've read many a great book with a not so great cover, so I understand why you wanted to get it.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Love the cover of Warlock... that whole series has fantastic covers if memory serves. Enjoy your books, Sis. And happily I can now comment on Kelly's blog again. Will e.mail my friend tomorrow and let her know.

2:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: yeah I don't get it.. about every other order is properly wrapped and every other is not.

Cath: yes all the covers were similiar to that one. I am half way thru the book..reading it slow which has become habit now but when I'm done I have another year to wait!! argh! lol

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Glad you are enjoying and "savoring" the book. Thanks for the tip on the comments. I just changed my setting and hope that will fix any remaining issues!

3:55 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

In regard to your info on Blogspot problems....What are 'Pop-Up" comments? I've not heard that expression before. As far as know, no one is having trouble leaving comments on my blog...But, I'd still like to understand what "Pop-Up" comments means....

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home