My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Outside and Inside

(warning this is a post of many photos)

First: Outside...

These are yesterday's photo's of the Moorhen chicks.  Thankfully, still 3 of them.

Ok now..

For anyone who is easily squeamish stop here...

The next few shots are of a Heron eating his newly acquired fish. I took quite a few shots but I am only putting up a few.. these are the least, ummmm upsetting?

There are people around here that fish in the pond and don't get as big a fish as the Heron got!... *jealousy*  (not me)

He strutted around like  he was showing it off..

Then of course he ate it... not without difficulty I might add..

Still outside but in my so called garden area.. The Geranium is gearing up for it's second set of blooms.

My Kalanchoe, which was loaded with blossoms when I got it , is ready for it's second set of blossoms also.

Onward to inside the apartment:  Boo still likes his pop up cube to sleep in!

The photo below shows 3 things he loves: the cube, his cardboard scratchy pad (gawd forbid he doesn't have that!) and his oat grass that I purchased in a little container (just open spred the seed, water and set in a cool dark area until it begins to grow) and grow for him (especially for cats). No! it is NOT catnip! I think that stuff is cruel to cats!..but he does love to have some "green" in his diet and it stops him from trying to eat the live plants in the house. But he's not spoiled! Oh no! Not Boo!

Oh and I suppose  you though I could do a long post and not mention some books?  Ha!

The used book store came through with a nice hardback copy of the Biography of the Marx Brothers and a paperback of Daddy-Long-Legs. The grand total : eighty one cents. ! I think I will read Daddy Long Legs next just to be able to finish a book quickly!!

7 Comments:

Blogger animewookie said...

That fish looks waaaay to big for that bird...gotta give him credit!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I should read those two books. Haven't dont much reading the past year.

Also need to buy some cat grass. I usually put some out to keep the cat from eating our ornamental grasses. She can be very destructive.

A birding acquaintance told me about seeing a mama duck two days ago lose two of her ducklings. One to a great heron, and the other to an osprey. Very high rate of loss to young water fowl like that. Locally, in the early 1900s, someone introduced bull frogs and now even the bull frogs eat baby ducks. Our local bird group has agreed to humanely dispatch any bullfrogs when we have the opportunity.

10:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: yeah no kidding! I seriously thought he'd die from lack of oxygen before it got down his throat !

pam: Yes, we have hawks and osprey too... they need as many "reeds" and stuff around to hide in or they are gonners

11:52 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok...that bird eating the fish is TOO cool for words!! Does it just swallow the whole thing?? Good lord!! And yay for more moorhens :)

I love calanchoes so much!!! Happy to see you are growing them :) And Boo's oat grass is so cool :) Glad he's enjoying it!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The heron pics are amazing. Absolutely stunning.

Daddy-long-legs is delightful. There's a sequel which is good but not quite as good, if you know what I mean.

2:52 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

FANTASTIC Pictures of The Heron and The Fish. The Fish looked HUGE!!
Boo looks adorable in his Cube---what a great great 'buy' that was.
Poor Moorhens---a rough year for them it seems.
GREAT PICTURES, my dear Pat.
Congrays on those two books!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't believe he managed to swallow such a big fish!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home