My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 06, 2011

There Be Baby Bald Eagles in Town!

My girlfriend Dottie picked me up to go to Jensen Beach with her to her dentists office.  But of course we hit thrift shops and such on the way back :o). (I will post photos of the dentist office tomorrow)

She had told me that there was a Bald Eagle's nest in Fort Pierce but I didn't know she was going to take me there.

When we got to a vacant building and lot on Route 1 she pulled in.  The first thing I saw were some men with Huge cameras all looking out into the trees.  Some of their lenses were nearly as long as my arm!!! 

Anyway the point the way to the eagles nest which is barely visible to my old eyes, and since mama eagle wasn't about they kindly opened the way for me to take some photo's with my meager Canon.  Heh, talk about feeling out of place!!

Anyway in between shots one man showed me his 8x10 that he takes and sells and another nice man who calls himself Larry the camera guy gave me his card to see his website with shots of Bald Eagles he has taken and they are gorgeous! (click on the underlined link to go to his web page to see what a LOOOONG lens can do)

Anyway.. here are my meager attempts to get shots of the babies.  To be honest I couldn't even see what I was taking !

(it doesn't look like a very soft nest to me! lol)

(hey! did something move down there?)

(where? I don't see nuthin' !)

I hope to get back to the Eagles nest.. I'd love to get a shot of Mama.. the only trouble is I am zoomed to the max and so the photo's are grainy.  This may be a "wild" guess but I'm guessing it's because my zoom lens isn't as long as my arm!  lol... hey, I'm just thrilled to have pictures of eagles !!!

5 Comments:

Blogger animewookie said...

They're beautiful :D The fact that there's still two at this age must mean Mom's able to get enough food for them...and herself which is great! Thanks so much Pat

9:01 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I've been watching baby eagles on a eagle cam this season. And here in my walking area, The great horned owls quit their nest in the bank overlooking the little lake, and instead nested on the top of portion of an old dead tree trunk down by the canal. but the babies appear to be fine

My screech owl is still sitting in our owl box -- so I'm going to assume she has eggs and they will probably hatch mid may sometime

10:11 AM  
OpenID wereadtoknow said...

Another great round of pictures, Pat! I've also been tied to the EagleCam all this season and it's truly been a blessing to watch these endangered creatures start to get their footing again.

1:14 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I think your pictures are fantastic, Pat!!! How amazing that you were able to get any pictures at all of these Bald Eagle Babes...! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

These are amazing, Pat! I can't imagine having that much luck over here though we did once see Ospreys in Wales. But Bald eagles? I got a glimpse of one at Lake Erie once and that's the sum of my experience. Thanks for sharing these shots with us.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home