My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 27, 2011

After Yesterdays Storm..

A storm always "cools things down".  Well.. there's really no such word as "cool" in Florida in the summer..what it means is : it goes from high 90's to low 90's.    Anyway... look what I found after yesterday's storm!

Mama Moorhen has new babies! This time SIX!

And then as I headed inside (because low 90's with high humidity is NOT cool no matter what they say) I spotted a visitor to the pond!  And proceeded to walk closer and take a bunch of pictures since there hasn't been a whole lot to take pictures of lately..

 

Pretty isn't he?  Believe it or not he's a juvenile Little Blue Heron, who will one day be all "blue" lol.. I wish he'd stay mottled I think he's gorgeous!  (and I've only seen one other juvenile since I've been in Fla.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oh my gosh, he is gorgeous!!! That coloring is just beautiful. And as always, you captured such amazing shots!

6:53 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

I love the mottled coloring as well. He's beautiful :D

7:32 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi..I got pretty close in the end he wasn't very frightened lol

kelly: yeah I like it on the Ibis too (brown and white) so much prettier..and yet the all white Egret is still my favorite and second is the small tri color Heron

7:56 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh those precious babies! I guess they don't mind the heat!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG I love that heron's color so much!! It's gorgeous :D And guess what?! I got my book in the mail from you today :D :D Thank you so much mama!!

11:09 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: i doubt they had much choice lol..but they are so funny with their little red heads lol

Hey Chris: I like the colors on the heron too!.. glad you got the book!!! you needed it! lol

6:12 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My! He IS Gorgeous---GREAT Pictures, Pat....I love that little Moorhen Family, too....So Very Sweet! I wonder how all these birds stand the heat and humidity---But, it seems they do!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

The new heron is gorgeous... very very handsome. Your moorhens continue to charm us, Pat. :-)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home