My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 13, 2011

I Need Be Committed!

I can't stop looking at faery houses!!

Faery houses.. some you have seen.. some not.. all from the web.

the next is my favorite for "inside the home'

 

...then there is this one which is soooo fantastic I can't stand it! lol

I love them so much I thought.. how hard can it be? (duh dumb.dumb.dumb.) So I thought I'd collect a few items to see..

I couldn't get them out of my mind so I went to Michael's.. (bad move) and back outside again..(better move) now my table looks like this...

... did I commit to trying this ? (not yet actually lol)

..or should be committed? It's stupid to spend money and not know if you are serious going to give this a go or not 

..still not sure.... I, obviously have the beginnings to practice on but haven't found just what I want yet.  Not that I have the slightest idea how to go about this anyway!!  And we won't mention "space" to try this in this tiny apartment!!...

I need a straight jacket.

I would so much rather buy one! LOL.. but then I saw the prices..

however, after going to Michael's and the Dollar Store I can honestly say.. I can see why the prices are so high, one could easily get carried away!! (ya think?!)

*sigh*

*double sigh*

............................................damn faery's !

I blame it all on this book I am reading: Faery Tale.  Now I want a Faery house. And more then ever I want to go to England!!!   

Maybe I will settle for the Faery house..if I'm lucky. I have some good stuff here..but I just don't "see" the house yet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I can't decide if I like the 5th. one or the last one best. Whatever, I think they're all gorgeous and had no idea people did this. I don't think you're nuts at all. (Okay... not *much* anyway. lol) Can't wait to see if you go ahead with it. You're so artistic that I hope you do and will post your creation for us all to see.

6:41 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Dive in Pat!! You have all the makings, It'll be fun...wild abandon and all that :D I'm sure they'll be lovely...and don't forget...art is a matter of interpretation.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't wait to see what you make. I know it will be wonderful!

1:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: the fifth one looks like a huge acorn lol i think they are all great! but I can really see that last one by a garden!

kelly: I know but I like other peoples work not mine lol

Kathleen: if I make one you shall see it!.. "make a faery home and they will come".. oh yeah! lol

5:35 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

They are all FANTASTIC! Do make one Pat....I bet it will be FANTASTIC, too! Just plunge in, my dear....! I have a lot of faith that you will come up with something very special.....!

4:06 PM  
Blogger sue andrew said...

this was me 6 months ago but dive in i did and "oh what joy"it has become my life. I am not so good yet but hope to crack it by the time i reach 70 (58 just now)!!!!!!!! In Scotland we do not have so many cut price stores so rely on my local area and Pinterest. This is the first time i have read your blog and think you could be great fun. Don't dilly dally as we say just go for it..............and good fairying

7:35 PM  
Blogger Studio Enigma said...

I am old and handicapped but one never out grows fairy house. In my back yard there is a pile of rocks all sizes from digging them up over the years to make a nice lawn. Two trees decided to make it their home., a redbud tree and a pecan tree. They make the rock pile shady. A friend had a small fairy garden in a bird bath and that was my inspiration to turn my rock pile into a fairyland. I purchased a fairy house from a craft store on sale and placed it in my rock pile. I sat and smiled and pondered where to put my next one. Then we had a rainy day. So the next day as I was sitting and admiring my fairy house, the steps were so white that they just stood out to much. I thought I would just rub a little dirt on them to make them fit in more to the natural setting. When I picked it up I was shocked as I discovered that my precious little fairy house was made of cardboard and snails were eating the bottom. I took into the house and saved it, but it could not live in my outside fairyland. Back to the drawing board. Like you I got a wood birdhouse, actually a bird feeder, some pine cones, popsicle sticks, paint and glue. It turned out ok. Since I have made two more from plastic bottles and other wood birdhouses. My village is growing slowly and you can spend a fortune on them but again with a little gathering from my yard and finding small things in my house you can make a magical place for fairies to call home. So far the only resident that I know lives there is a tiny frog who sings his heart out to me when I am out there. So do continue to build you fairy house. It is wonderful for your soul.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home