My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In Search of...

A trip to the Beach to get some shells for the "possible" faery house! (have to have many natural items to choose from !)

On my way to the beach on the boardwalk I noticed that the Sea Grapes were doing their thing. Most of the time they are just leaves but once a year they produce grape-like clusters.

... the wild cactus we also in bloom.!

At all times I kept an eye on the lifeguard building  so I would know where I came in!

The water on my feet felt good but the pickin's were slim.

While I searched for small colorful shells, two black headed gulls landed near by.. one was nice and stood quietly while I snapped it's picture.

...the other one never shut up!

 

when I got back home and spread them out ..this was all I managed to find.. I was fussy.. and of course they had to be small!

....heres a closer look at some

I did kinda like this sandstone though..

So that's my findings for today....to be honest even with my feet in the water and the "seabreeze"...it was too hot to be outside! Trust me, I didn't stay very long there. (it got to 95 but the weather said with the humidity it was more like 102. ..and to think, it's only June!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

OMG, how strange. There's me yearning for the sea on Facebook and you went there and even have photos of gulls. Cue Twilight music...

Those shells... if you found them on a beach here you would think you'd died and gone to shell heaven. My grand-daughter certainly would as she loves to pick them up when we go to the beach. What are you going to do with them, Pat?

Love, love, love your photos as always.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

That gull probably was just hoping you'd brought some bread to feed him.

7:38 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: i think some will be used on a fairy house.. i think lol

donna: no doubt! funny thing is a rarely go to the beach..if I go with bread I see no birds.. and of course if I go without bread I see birds!

8:38 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE those Sea Grapes...Do thet do anything? I mean...Bloom, or are they edible? They sure are pretty......I think you did very very well with your Shell Finds, considering it was not the greatest of choices....
LOVE those Black Headed Guls....GREAT pictures, Pat....!

4:02 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Forgive all my typos...I'm getting worse at typing as I get older...OY!

4:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: lol until you said something I never noticed the typo! LOL..isn't age wonderful?! lol I do believe the Sea Grapes are edible but I've never tasted one.. I thought the black headed gulls were pretty too!

4:06 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Wow, what a haul!!! I'm impressed...Wholly faery house Batman!!!...lol

4:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: if you were here I'd make you help! lol

4:17 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

I'd be glad to help you my friend :D We could make a faery mansion!!!...lol

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You found some lovely shells.
Can't wait to see your fairy house!

2:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: that we would!

kathleen: if it ever gets made lol..

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home