My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Local Library

I went to our local Library yesterday.. just to see what all they had to offer.. I took a few snapshots while there.  They had some nice pictures when you first come in...

Then they remind you that you ARE in a Library!

Lots of books... duh

Strangely enough I wasn't stimulated, which shocked me.. so I left and went to the Friends of the Library where I find my dollar books!

I have been super good lately (compared to what I'm not sure).  But I have been not getting so much "just because" I can.

I went all through the usual areas that I look in, and my last stop was by the sci-fi, which many of you will know I am not a reader of sci-fi... I'd rather watch the movies lol.. but..some sci-fi crosses the boundaries into fantasy fiction... and my absolute favorite books do just that... "PERN"!

....and just lookie what I found!  A Doubleday hard bound copy of Harper Hall !!! All three  books in one edition!! And in really good condition!

I was thrilled no end to grab that puppy right up!

I wish I could say I like the Doubleday version, but I have their one of the first trilogy too and the printing is smaller than it is in paperbacks!!   Not good for aged people like myself, even with glasses!  The printing in this one is at least dark which helps tremendously.. and no matter what I am happy to have a hard bound copy!

(photo: 3 paperbacks.. and the doubleday hardback)

So my excursion to the Library still produced something good.. and that was the fact  that I couldn't go past The Friends of the Library without stopping! lol... yeah me~!

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Good for you, Pat!!! :D

7:34 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Yay!!! I love it when you just *happen* upon something you love :D Congratulations

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love my library but also really love my library's used bookstore. Glad you found some good books at a good price. My library had their paperback sale this weekend and I got a whole bag of books for $3. What a bargain!

1:11 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: the only thing better is individual hb books! lol

hey kelly! yeah it's not easy! lol but sometimes something comes along!

Kathleen: oh I wish I could read paperbacks..my eyes are too bad and hardbacks are easier for me.. I love their used books store!!! great finds in there!

3:21 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

But, you have the "Eagle Eye" Pat....Someone else might not find all the treasures that you do----CONGRATULATIONS, my dear...!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

That's a nice looking library. I admire your restraint 'cos I probably would have cleared the shelves....heehee.

And what a pretty mural thingy at the entrance!

And yay for Pern finds!!!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home