My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, July 08, 2011

For Rent

I bet y'all thought I forgot about a faery house huh?!

Well I will admit it got pushed aside a bit (always collecting stuff for it though) what with learning the Ipod and trying to download radio shows and such.

Anyway I thought I'd give a go at a faery house.  I planned to make it simple just to get to know what I was doing.  One thing is I never used a glue gun before so here I was trying new things again.. generally this is a no-no for old people like me who don't like change or new things that we have to learn.  So I began simple.. glue some stones to this unfinished bird house I bought..

I have to say that Later I did learn that maybe I need a hotter glue gun *sigh* because when I was done with the stones and moving it around to do other things, every so often a stone would fall off.  When I was buying the glue at a craft store the lady told me that exact thing! That she began with a  medium heat gun and things would "fall off" of her creation.  I didn't want to spend money on a glue gun that I would use only a short time and never again.

So ... it sits as you see it but I can't handle it much to do anything for fear stones will fall off. (I glue them right back on but it's annoying lol)

I tried putting it among some plants to see the looks of it..

I did manage to give the little house a "tree" of it's own.  I would have liked to work on the roof a lot more and then found a larger base to have it on so that I could do some mossy grass and maybe a path and maybe even steps to the hole.

This is not the faery house that I envisioned as the one I want to keep but now I am not sure I can move forward.  We'll see.  For now I wanted to show those who encouraged me that I did give it a go! And I have lots of "supplies" left so maybe I will try again.  This one was an easy way out to see if I could get and effect... what do you think? did it work?

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I think it is a wonderful house. Looks like a place I would like to come across in the woods. I'd want to stop by for a visit and have a nice cup of tea!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

That's wonderful, Pat. It reminds me of this ornament my parents bought on their honeymoon, actually. I remember it from when I was little randomly...

10:04 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Well I'd move in, Pat! I'd find a lovely beach, maybe on one of the Scottish Isles, miles from everyone, take my books, and become a fully paid up member of Bugger Off and Leave Me Alone! (Please excuse language but somedays people just drive me crazy.)

4:14 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

OOoooo, It can be my Florida get-a-way!!!...lol Love it! You did a fantastic job Pat <3

8:33 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: tea it is then!

awww thanks Kailana!(kelly)

Cath:more and more I think we are really sisters!!

kelly: lol the only time fla is really nice is in the winter!! lol

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oh, that looks lovely, Pat! I hope you will try again with the supplies you've left over because this is great! It looks so cosy and inviting. ^-^

What kind of work did you want to do on the roof that makes you unhappy with it the way it is? *curious*

12:50 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Ha! I had a feeling that your creative side was going to win out and that you would try one of these. In complete honesty I have to say that your final product looks better, in my opinion, than most of the examples I found when I was searching around online. You took the idea and kicked it up a couple of notches. Well done! I love that you added the tree next to it, that really makes it perfect.

12:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: lol you and chris are uncurable! lol lol..I was getting there but the stones started falling off when I handeled the "house" I was not done with it! lol

1:28 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

that is really adorable.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home