My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, July 01, 2011

I Have an Ipod!!!!!

 Kelly, who I actually met when her and her family came to Florida, knew I was thinking of getting some sort of mp3 player so I could maybe listen to an audio book ... something I have never done before.  One day she sent me an email saying she was mailing something to me and also something small would come from Amazon but don't open it until her package got here...

Imagine my surprise shock when the mail came and when I opened it there was a IPOD!  Then I opened the Amazon box and there were earplugs and even the connecting wire!

I was speechless ..

and, I had no idea whatsoever how to use it! heh.  Minor detail right?

So.. the phone calls between Kelly and I began ... and went on.. and on.. and on lol.. I kept saying, "aren'tcha glad you sent this to me?"  and she would laugh and say "yeah I am!" lol.. (glutton for punishment!)

She told me it was an old Ipod no one was using so she sent it.  Ok Kelly, but I can't even tell you how to turn it on!  We Worked on that and many other things...

The first thing I learned was how to put a cd of music on it.. you can see that I haven't bought any cd's in a long...long...long time!  But that's ok.. I still love John Denver and Johnny Mathis.. and even the Village People! (yeah, yeah go ahead and laugh!)

Just look at all we managed to get on the Ipod.. and it only took 4 phone calls! LOL...

Today I even listened to a bit of Wind and the Willows!

I can't thank Kelly enough for my first (and only) IPod!!

I still can't call myself completely comfortable with it yet...but maybe next week I will !!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU KELLY!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oh, what a wonderful gesture!!! How lovely of Kelly to think of you for her spare iPod. I hope you have heaps of fun with it, Pat, once you've mastered using it. Think of it as character-building. LOL!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Rhinoa said...

That's so lovely! You'll love it and will get used to it soon. You can carry so many audio books on it it's awesome.

10:59 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: character building ...not lol

rhinoa: it will be great when that happens!!!!

3:06 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Awww Pat, I's been my pleasure. I've enjoyed our conversations immensely So In essence...I'm also the thankful one <3

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, that was so sweet of Kelly. Enjoy your new toy Pat. I love mine!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: you are just a sucker for punishment lol..not easy to teach an old dog new tricks! hahaha

kathleen: thanks Kathleen!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

What a sweet thing to do! I'm glad to hear you're learning how to use it and are getting along with it, Pat!

May it give you much joy!

1:31 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

COMGRATS, Pat! How wonderful! I bet you not only get comfy with it but will wonder how you ever got along without it...lol! (No, I don't have one, but everyone I know who does---LOVES it!)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG THAT IS SO SWEET!!!! Kelly is so awesome :) You should totally download some Gaiman audiobooks!! They're amazing! I especially liked Neverwhere.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

That's awesome, Pat!! I still don't have an ipod, so you have me beat in the technology department. lol

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home