My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Something Old on My Wish List

I like that Kelly, now and then, puts up a book on her wish list.. I don't think I will make this and every week thing but I thought I would do it at least once...

On my wish list, which has about 30 books on it, and truthfully some are there because I *might like it* , so please no one run out and get me a book off of my wish list because I might not be sure I even want it lol.. duh.

Anyway:  I am going to show two books on that list.  Neither are books I *must have this minute*.  In fact one, Chariots of the Gods, I have already read long ago and remember it well.  Which could well be why I am not in a rush to get it lol.. but my copy is, one: old.  Two: mass paperback (which means I can no longer read it)  and three: I am hoping it is out in a larger size paperback.

So, has anyone ever read Chariots of the Gods? No?  How about have you ever seen "the Search for Ancient Astronauts"?  Or the series on the history channel concerning Ancient Astronauts?  All of them pertain to Eric von Daniken.

For those who do not know, Eric von Daniken first wrote Chariots of the Gods to present a *theory* that maybe astronauts visited this planet many many many years ago, and then goes about showing photo's and reading instances *even in the Bible* that might (big Might!) be taken a different way than first believed.

So of course Mr von Daniken is very controversial, and quite a few very religious concerns think him quite out of his mind.  But I find him quite interesting!  I have always considered myself open-minded.  And like to think on some of this theories.  Do I think he's right and others wrong? Not necessarily.  No one has concrete proof of much of anything... but I do think it's a valid *theory* until positively proven wrong.  His theories bring about many more unanswered questions, which is why I like him.. if many ideas are tossed into a pot one wonders what answer will be the right one.

And so I would like a copy of Chariots of the Gods.  If I ever find either a hardback copy or a trade paper back size I'd grab it up!

I knew he had other books out and cam across the title History is Wrong.  I began to smile and thought that this would be a second book for me to get into someday...

I don't know when or where von Daniken got his ideas but I find  him someone that I keep going back to listen to  or to read.... When he says something he usually has a photograph of whatever it is to back him up...and upon looking at what he is saying, it's hard to say *no way!*..  to me I find myself looking and saying, "maybe.. could be?" 

His books and thoughts are not for everyone... but they will remain on my wish list and maybe one day they'll be in my home.

(below: von Daniken is always searching for *ancient astronauts*.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I read Chariots of the Gods a couple years ago and it was very interesting. There was one chapter that was VERY dated and I mostly skimmed, but otherwise it raised a lot of interesting ideas.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I have a vague memory of this one from many years ago. Sounds like he has some compelling ideas. I love watching shows about this kind of stuff and so does my son.

1:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: I remember when you read it because I mentioned it to you back then..if you ever see any of the videos up there on history channel about "ancient astronauts" thats mostly his stuff! sometimes I think he's on to something! lol

kathleen: yes, I love the shows on this sort of thing and it does have it's merits! but like any "theory" nothing can be absolutely proved!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I like to keep an open mind about these things too... on balance I think there probably are UFOs and that we have been visited by aliens... but I can also understand why people might think the idea is crazy. LOL. I should read this book and am not sure why I never have!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home