My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Torture Chamber

Well.. for a month now I have been going to a gym for exercise since a medicine I was put on last year had disastrous results in my gaining a LOT of weight... 

But before anyone says anything about how productive exercise can be let me tell you... after a full month of 1 hour a day of vigorous exercise (coming from someone who did nothing more than  a mile walk around a pond now and then)... I have lost not a pound!  Not even a half of a pound!.. and so I call this very nice fitness club.. The Torture Chamber!

below is an upstairs view of some of the equipment at the club. (I did not use this equipment..try to remember I have a very bad back)

Here are a few treadmills and step bikes..

..other bikes

(my "personal bike") I did like that it records how long you are on the bike, at what rpm you are peddling, your heart rate and even the calories lost by biking. .. the least I did on this bike was 2 miles.. the most was one day I did nothing but the bike and peddled 10 miles.

(my personal torture chamber!... 30 minute workout room)

In this room there is music playing (fast music) and every 30 seconds it says, "change stations".. which means for you to go to the next piece of torture equipment !  In between each piece of equipment is a square where you stand on it and do whatever  you want to keep moving.. generally I did waist twists.

the second half of the room.. you would go around twice for it  to come out to a half hour workout.. and before I went around once I would be sweating.

One of numerous rest areas...

A steamy rest area...

And there is always the friendly face to greet you.. Ms Becky.

The Fitness Center is really a great place.  It is kept immaculate, and friendly people working there and personal instructors if you are so inclined ... but my head is reeling as to why, with being faithful to go 5 days a week and changing how I eat,(to a lot more fruit and veggies and no snacks except fruit)  that I have lost not a pound!

So.. it's gorgeous.. it's nice.. it's friendly.. but I'd be less than honest if I didn't say I was disappointed. (not with Longevity) but with whatever it is that's not letting me loose these pounds. :o(

My time there (having gone on a special for one month) is over and even though I didn't loose any weight I already miss going each morning.  I looked at another fitness place that I might be able to afford but was not happy with what I saw.. I think I shouldn't have gone to the nicest place first !

9 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

That is amazing that you have not lost anything at all! Too bad you cannot continue there---it might be you need to build up to a certain point for it to have started to pay off, and you just hadn't gotten there yet....

8:11 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: oh I wish I could Naomi! But my social security is so low I can't really afford another monthy bill of 35.00 (plus the joining fee)..and not knowing if I could do it for a full year.. those contracts are killers! You pay even when you stop going until the contract is up...

8:29 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I'm sorry that you didn't lose any weight, but I would imagine the exercise combined with your food changes have improved your health, if not your weight. Medications can be so counter-productive in that way, sadly.

12:46 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: no kidding! that's how I got 15 lbs fatter!! it was the depression med!!!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

I thought depression meds were supposed to make you *less* depressed...lol Keep up the good fight Pat!!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

That's too bad, Pat. Gyms are ridiculously overpriced. They know that most people will not keep it up, but they will keep receiving their money!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Wow, that's an impressive looking place. Pity it didn't have the required effect but no doubt it has improved your stamina or somesuch.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Well even though you didn't lose any weight I am quite sure you improved your overall health by exercising and changing your diet. Still, that would really suck to do all that work and not lose a pound!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

I haven't lost more than a couple of pounds in the few months I've been going to our local fitness center and it's driving me batty. I think I need to start keeping a food journal. I know we're eating better, but I must be doing something wrong! Either that or the old metabolism is shot.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home