My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 04, 2011

The End...

In the Beginning...

... and in the end..

And in between there were 7 movies...including The Deathly Hallows..

..and yes, I cried when they ran the credits for the last time. 

It is sad to see such a wonderful cast knowing they won't be together again.  I think I will have to finally read all the books once again. 

Thank you JK Rowlings for the wonderful stories and thank you to all those involved in making such fantatic and unforgettable movies.

9 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I am ashamed to say---Well, not really---I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies...! Maybe I should do a "Potter" Marathon, with my Netflix....(lol)

7:52 AM  
Blogger cj said...

It is sad to know it's over, Pat. I've enjoyed the movies, loved the books, and am amazed by how those kids grew up while we were watching.

It was a great ride... now, what's next? lol

cjh

7:59 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

:'( lots

9:11 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

You've seen it? Yaaaay! I assume you loved it?

Yeah, it's so sad. The end of an era... I doubt I'll ever feel that kind of excitement about a set of books and films again. Unless of course JKR can be persuaded to write more...

6:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: lol I don't need netflix I own all the movies but this one and I'll get that when the dvd comes out!. not the same as looking forward to the next movie though ..boohoo lol

cj: i find I wonder why she didn't continue w/ the second generation of kids at Hogwarts..guess she doesn't need the money lol ya think? hahaha

kelly: yes it is sad!

cath :emailed ya.. well they are doing other books and sequels but they don't seem to do as well

6:04 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

It made me sad to see the last movie. I wish there could be many more! But, I will enjoy watching the movies over again from time to time.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I still haven't read them all for the first time. I know, aren't I an idiot? And I've only allowed myself to watch the first three movies so far because I don't want to watch the movies before reading the books. The good news about being such a slacker is that I have so much to look forward to.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I've seen the movie now, and I cried and cried at Snape's scene, like I thought I would. I'm so glad it ended like this, with a very good film, and it is. We own all of them - currently #2 is playing on the tv behind me as I write this! the youngest is currently watching them all over and over - and the books, too, of course. My daughter is about to start reading them for the first time, so I can see years of HP ahead of us! lol

6:32 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I read them all -- but haven't seen the last two movies

they grew up in front of us didn't they

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home