My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 22, 2011

A Hot Day at the Pond

Egret and Ducks

...below: the big Heron

Oh.. and I guess I should mention the new *tenant* in the pond..

I haven't seen it out of the water yet but it's not small like the last one! .. but not near full grown either.. big enough for all our birds to  watch out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

Yikes! I'm not sure I'd like to have that new tenant in any pond near me. I assume you are keeping a safe distance away? I don't want to read any Deslily alligator stories unless it involves you turning it into a set of new shoes and a handbag.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

will he be allowed to stay???
aaack!

I see you've been reading so much.
I've done so little this past year. So many other things happening - and then difficult to get my energy to allow for focus.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That gator is big ENOUGH! I missed your pics :) Beautiful. Hasn't this heat just been miserable?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The light in those first two pics is so beautiful. I'm with the person on FB who reckons you could sell these, Pat. I'd happily put that first photo on my wall.

And, OMG, you have another gator!! I get really worried when I see new gator pics from you. Surely someone needs to remove it. I'm not suggesting you do it...

4:16 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: hoping the fish and game come and relocate it!

chris: not as many birds this year oh and sometimes I just put a pic or two on my other blog http://myindiscriminatecamerashots.wordpress.com/

Cath and Pam : emailed you both

6:44 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Me too, for your and everyone else's sake.

8:03 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

That guy looks HUGE! And rather scary, too.....
LOVE all the Birds, my dear....I have some Bird pictures on mt Blog today--Egrets and Ducks and Swans and Canadian Geese...Come on by!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home