My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, September 12, 2011

New Books

The mailman cometh cameth. (is there such a word?..heh)

 

I did good with these books. I only paid full price for one of them!

I had seen The Plucker (by Brom) in a bookstore and the soft-back addition was 19.99. I got this "like new" hard back version AND shipping for half of that!

Daphne (by Justine Picardie) was a used "like new" ($3.49) book from Amazon so I wound up not paying any shipping!

The Butterfly Cabinet by Bernie McGill was the only one in this photo that I paid full price for.. and I had also "preordered" the Night Circus, which of course was full price, and will be mailed shortly.

Overall I did good ! Plucker is in "new" condition and a Hardback so it will hold up a lot better than if I had gotten the soft-back version.

I now have wa-a-a-ay too many books that are RIP worthy!! So I am planning on continuing reading more of them after Halloween.  

**********************************************************************

On another note:  my cat BooBoo thinks there isn't a space in the apartment that doesn't belong to him.

Along with all my RIP reading I have taken to reprinting a trilogy I wrote. It was three yrs ago my "son" Chris read it and helped  with some editing and the only printout I had was from 2003.  Add to that somehow some water got on it and wrinkled pages . So I decided to slowly read each chapter, reformat it and print it chapter by chapter and replace them all so I have the most current edit.  I will not print it again as it's costly!  Anyway... I set up this little 18 x 18 inch folding table so I could set the book on it for taking out old pages and putting in the new pages.     Boo, of course thought the table should be for HIM.. not the book!  So he squeezed is 12 lb body between the book and my desk.. and there he napped, not letting me work on the book.

Ya, just gotta love your animals.  They rule us in every way they can!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Daphne was really quite good. I hope you enjoy it! I also loved The Night Circus!! I am curious about The Butterfly Cabinet. I have seen one positive review that tempted me, so now maybe your review will lead to me buying a copy?

11:17 AM  
OpenID reviewsbylola said...

Enjoy your books. I really want to read Daphne!

12:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly:glad to hear Daphne is good! lol.. it helps since I now have it to read lol.. ohhh good too about Night Circus..can't wait to get it.

Lola: yes, it sounds good!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

They do tend to take over, don't they. Our dog will wedge himself into any space he can, usually at utmost inconvenience to us.

I'm happy to know you'll be reading Night Circus with so many of the rest of us. I'm hoping to pick up a copy tomorrow. Will be fun to see what we all think.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh yay for Daphne!! I haven't read it yet, but it sounds fantastic. And the Brom book looks exxxxxxxxcellent :)

5:18 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Ohhhh, I've seen Plucker in the bookstore but haven't been able to justify it, (I will, just a bit more time...lol) I love the look of that castle on The Butterfly Cabinet...good stuff Pat :D

5:55 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I don't know why but I thought 'Daphne' was a biography... turns out it's a mystery story! lol. Hope you enjoy it.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Lovely books! I want to read The Night Circus, our library still doesn't have any in yet. I've heard about The Butterfly Cabinet, I can hardly wait for your review, Pat! you know how you tempt me so.....Enjoy your new books, and tell your cat that my cats are always lying right where I want to write or read. There is no space in this house that Sam has not tried to get to!!!!

12:12 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Dear Boo.....So like Sweetie in so many ways....And indeed, they DO rule us....like the saying goes: Dogs have Masters, and Cats have Servants....!!! INDEED!

2:31 AM  
Blogger StuckInABook said...

I've been meaning to read Daphne forEVER...

11:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: I only pay the rent, what more can i say? lol

chris: oh yeah Brom looks like a good rip read!!! not your typical goodnight faery tale! lol.

kelly: i couldn't justify it either for full price! look in amazon used and one in "like new" condition!

Cath: yeah I did too lol..might have to do with the title lol

susan: ahhh good another pet owner who is owned by their pet! lol when I die i want to come back as a pet! lol

naomi!..yes yes! we are their slaves! lol

stuck in a book: well? what are you waiting for? get the book and read it !!! lol lol

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

My dog is definitely the boss of my house!!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home