My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Red Mist

(my 5th book for RIP)

Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell.

Mass Market Paperback: 544 pages
Publisher: Berkley;(September 4, 2012)
ISBN-10: 9780425250433

 

 

On her quest to find out exactly what happened to her former deputy chief, Jack Fielding, murdered six months before, Scarpetta drives to the Georgia Prison for Women to meet a convicted sex offender and the mother of a vicious and diabolically brilliant killer. Against the advice of her FBI criminal intelligence agent husband, Benton Wesley, Scarpetta is determined to hear this woman out.
Scarpetta has both personal and professional reasons to learn more about a string of grisly killings: the murder of a Savannah family years earlier, a young woman on death row, and then other inexplicable deaths that begin to occur at a breathtaking pace. Driven by inner forces, Scarpetta discovers connections that compel her to conclude that what she thought ended with Fielding’s death and an attempt on her own life is only the beginning of something far more destructive: a terrifying terrain of conspiracy and potential terrorism on an international scale.
And she is the only one who can stop it.

Of the few "Scarpetta" books I have read I found this one the most enjoyed so far.

Scarpetta , while trying to find out information of her friend Jack Fielding, finds herself as a target for a possible murder. 

This is a well driven mystery with a few more twists and turns throughout.  Although I am thinking all of the Scarpetta books will have a lot of similarity, I am finding reading some of them is a nice change.  You might want to try a few for yourself! 

4 Comments:

Blogger Priya said...

I have heard of the Scarpetta books, and this does sound interesting. But I am wary of starting series - do the books need to be read in order?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have read many of the earlier ones in the series, until I got to the point like you are, that they started blending together and seemed formulaic. So I haven't picked one up since, even though I was enjoying them and liked the heroine. Maybe I will try one again, I've been picking them up to look at, at the book store. Very happy you are enjoying them so much :-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pryia: well..lets just say that I haven't read them in order, and I don't seem to have any problem following the characters or story

8:19 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

PC is an author I've never read but think I might have seen dramas by her on the TV. All really good. Glad you seem to be enjoying this new to you author, Pat.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home