My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 02, 2015

Books Read in January

Well, for me, the numbers are outstanding!

However (here it comes)... the first book I actually read in December and just hadn't posted it yet. (now there are 8)  Of the 8 books left only 3 are over 400 pages so the others were considerably shorter.

January...

1 ..The Hills is Lonely................Lillian Beckwith..........(271 pgs)

2 ..A Fatal Likeness...................Lynn Shepherd..........(363 pgs)

3 ..The Bedlam Detective...............Stephen Gallagher...(305 pgs)

4 ..In the Garden of Beasts............Erik Larson.............(448 pgs)

5 ..Rattling the Bones.................Ann Granger.............(320 pgs)

6 ..The Misbegotten....................Katherine Webb.......(544 pgs)

7 ..What Angels Fear...................C.S. Harris...............(341 pgs)

8 ..The Complaints.....................Ian Rankin...............(480 pgs)

9 ..Mixing With Murder.................Ann Granger...........(352 pgs)

I totally expect February to drop drastically. As I look around they are all much larger books and most are biographies or "real life" which don't keep me reading as often as I am not as anxious to see "what's happened next?"..

Only one book of the 9 was not fiction and that was "In the Garden of Beasts". About the US Ambassador sent to live in Germany just at the time Hitler begins his rise.

I have to say I enjoyed all the books for January. I found two new authors: Ann Granger, who has some good characters that I enjoyed, and thanks to Cath, I found Lillian Beckwith. 

For the first book in February (began in January) it was a bust.  I read 85 pages and closed the book and picked up another!  So reading in 2015 is off and running!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I used to read so much non-fiction but it has been ages since that was the case... :(

5:30 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

You did really well... nine books is great. I think they class The Hills is Lonely as non-fiction too even though there's some debate as to whether some of it happened. I classed it as such when I counted my books last year.

6:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kelly: well.. find a few non fiction that you've been meaning to read but just put off!lol..actually I think we read what feels comfortable to us at the time. You will read more nonfiction again..when the time is right

Cath:you are right of course..duh.. after 8 other books I am lucky I remember much of anything. *sigh*

7:49 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

That is a pretty awesome list there, Pat! And none of them were particularly short. I know what you mean about non-fiction. I do love to read it, but I'm always much slower at it because I don't feel that tremendous pull to pick it back up as often.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Not a bad start to the year at all! Hopefully you'll find some good page-turning books in February...not more like your first try.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home