My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Once Upon a Time..

Well, well... it must be Spring because Carl, at Stainless Steel Droppings, has once again started his Once Upon a Time Challenge!

Since I go berserk if I "commit" to things I will choose to only do "The Journey". (read one book)  But I never do just one! But I enjoy it all better "uncommitted" heh.

Anyway: his rules are:

Rule #1: Have fun.

Rule #2: HAVE FUN.

Rule #3: Don’t keep the fun to yourself, share it with us, please!

Rule #4: Do not be put off by the word “challenge”. (he knows me well!)

Books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time categories. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.

To find out more click on the link above to go to Carl's blog.

I have a number of books around here to choose from but truth be told it could be one of these, all of these, or none of these!  I could very well decide on a reread of something I love.....But I grabbed this group out for a snapshot.

They include a Weis & Hickman trilogy called Dragonships, the first book in a trilogy from Jonathan Stroud called Lockwood & Co., two books I bought at an antique place (well illustrated and translated by Mark Scott, Pat Chandor and Dave Woodward) Krystonian Adventures they come from England. I also have the first two books of Robin Hobb of the Rain Wilds Chronicles.  All pictured above. 

So.. we shall see what happens during Once Upon a Time, why don't you join in on the fun ?!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Fastige said...

I would love to read all of these :) I can't wait to read your reviews!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Love your photos of your books that you always attach to these challenge posts. Aren't those covers gorgeous together! Robin Hobb is one of my favourite authors... haven't read those two yet though. Have fun, Sis!

Will get my post done tomorrow... really busy day today with dentist and so on. Need a quiet weekend!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I really need to try your non-commitment method sometime! You commit to 1 and actually read 20. I commit to 20 and actually read 1! LOL

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I would like to read some Robin Hobb books this year in general. I have been slack with her the last couple years!

9:30 PM  
Blogger BookPlease said...

I've only "committed" to The Journey too - any more and I would feel too pressured, but I am hoping to read more than one!

Seeing your books has reminded me I have a Robin Hobb book - Assassin's Apprentice, which I've been meaning to read.

Have fun with your reading!

3:34 AM  
Blogger TracyK said...

Those are beautiful books. I haven't heard of any of them, so I will be interested if you do review them.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home