My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Small Book Meme

My friend, Cath,  put up a short book meme...I haven't seen a meme in forever so I guess I'll give it a shot!

 

1. What was your favorite book during childhood?

Hmmm, not an easy question because my memory sucks!  To be honest the first books I really remember reading were Zane Grey books! (yeah cowboys, sheesh)

2.What is your favorite book now?

I'm not sure who made this meme but do they really expect ONE book title??!! Quite a number of books seem to stick with me.  The Dragon Rider of Pern series are probably at the top.  But many others I can't forget either, like Drood by Dan Simmons, and The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows, oh and my favorite Biography is called Stan and Ollie by Simon Louvish.

   

     

3. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?

Wow.. hard question.  Maybe, To Kill a Mockingbird. 

4. Do you prefer checking out books from the library or buying them?

Buying them. (mostly at thrift stores) I am not one for enjoying returning books, I feel the "pressure" of a time limit.

 

5. Have you ever been let down by a book that was highly recommended to you?

Not many recommendations come my way... but one I know I never read much of was The Time Travelers Wife. But it's certainly not the only book I never finished!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Delighted that you did this, Pat.

Love your photos... especially the Zane Grey ones... this is someone who adored cowboy shows on the TV when I was a kid. LOL!

Yeah... I think I prefer the cover of my Drood to the US one too.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Fun answers!! I am going to have to check out Simon Louvish. That book sounds good!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home