My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

RIP X

It's hard to believe R.I.P is  here for the Tenth year! and what great art by Abigail Larson to make it so perfect.  This year Carl is passing the "torch" to The Estella Society to run the reading challenge.

RIP is one of our favorite events, so when Carl asked us to host, we practically jumped out of our skins with excitement! 10 years is quite an accomplishment for any event, so we’re glad you’re here to celebrate with us!

Without further ado, pick your poison, won’t you? September 1st is here, and we’re ready to begin!

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.

That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.

As time has wound on, we’ve discovered that simple rules are best:

1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.

As Carl does each and every year, there are multiple levels of participation (Perils) that allow you to be a part of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives. There is even a one book only option for those who feel that this sort of reading is not their cup of tea (or who have too many other commitments) but want to participate all the same.

R.I.P. X officially runs from September 1st through October 31st.

I have decided to choose Peril the Second to read 2 books pertaining to the list of types of books.

A few of the books I have to choose from are:

Wilkie Collins: The Haunted Hotel and Other Stories

Susan Hill: The Woman in Black

Susan Hill: The Various Haunts of Men

Marie Kiraly: Mina

and Charlaine Harris Dead in the Family

I have other murderous books so I am not sure I will read just from this pile.. but it's a place to start!

 

 

So here's to another R.I.P year!  Hope you all join in!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The Woman in Black is excellent... you'd think it was a Victorian book by the way it's written. Also read The Various Haunts of Men and that too is *very* good.

I think I have that Wilkie Collins on my Kindle... might have to read that as well. LOL

6:08 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Yay! So glad you're in again! I have to admit, it just feels odd to not have Carl hosting, but I'm quite sure it will be creepily fun nonetheless. I think I'll be reading some of the Sherlock Holmes stories you sent me as part of the short story peril, so thank you once again!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home