My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

RIP XI

RIP XI is HERE!!!



R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI takes place from September 1st, 2016 through October 31st, 2016.

There are only two expectations if you want to participate with us:

1. Have fun reading (and watching*).
2. Share that fun with others.


R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI takes place from September 1st, 2016 through October 31st, 2016.

 

Read four books, of any length, from the very broad categories earlier defined as perilous. They could all be by the same author, a series of books, a random mix of classic and contemporary or whatever you like.

Simply halve the requirement of Peril the First. If you choose to take on this Peril, read two books of your choosing that you feel fit the various R.I.P. categories.



  I am choosing Peril the Second!

And I might choose from the following books... (might is the operative word)



OR............. I might do a RE-read ....of my favorite RIP book..




We all have a seemingly never-ending set of demands on our time. If you want to participate but cannot commit to anything time-consuming, this is the one-book-only option for participation. This event isn’t meant to be a burden…remember the “have fun” part…so if you want to join the fun in the least burdensome way possible, Peril the Third is just for you.

When I think of Autumn I think of the short stories of Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Roald Dahl. I am very fond of the short story and when I started R.I.P. I knew that it had to have a Peril of its own. Read one or many short stories throughout our two-month event and you will have taken on and overcame this Peril.

Scary stories don’t just come in book-shaped packages, they also exist in the television and film format. Why not embrace that peril as well? If you watch any particularly creepy, suspenseful, mysterious thrillers during R.I.P., be sure to share those with us as well. My list of what I would like to watch is generally much larger than the amount of time I give to watching television, but every Autumn it includes British mysteries, The Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, The Others and a whole host of classic Vincent Price horror flicks.

R.I.P. XI marks the debut of the “Peril in Play” category. I had previously included video/computer gaming in the Peril on the Screen category, but gaming is not simply done in front of an electronic device. The rise of popularity in table top gaming over the years has brought many together to enjoy competitive and cooperative game play. Whether you are defeating the hordes of monsters in the latest Gears of War, going old school with some iteration of Silent Hill, or perhaps playing table top games like Arkham Horror, Cthulu Fluxx, Zombiecide or Dead Panic, you can find something perilous to fill your gaming needs.

 

If you too want to join in (and I think you should!) check out our fearless leader of RIP, Carl at:  http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/

 

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've read The Woman Who Walked into the Sea and it is excellent. Scotland and secrets, what could be better. Loved it. Good luck, Sis! Hoping to get my post up tomorrow.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really should reread The Thirteenth Tale. It has been too long!

11:16 PM  
Blogger TracyK said...

Two books there I would like to read: The Woman Who Walked into the Sea and The Life We Bury. I look forward to your reviews...

1:42 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I still haven't read The Thirteenth Tale...I know what is wrong with me?!! Love that photo with the book--perfectly RIP! 👻
Btw, you don't fool me lady, I know you'll crank out way more than two books. 😊

2:10 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Wouldn't be the same without you, Pat. Glad you are taking on the peril again with us. Your potential book choices, new and re-read, look great. The winter scene on the one makes me long for a good snowfall. We were cheated here last winter, with no significant snow at all.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I read The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens last year and LOVED it!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home