My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, April 15, 2019

Acceptable Loss

Acceptable Loss by Anne Perry.

Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Ballantine Books;(August 9, 2011)
ISBN-10: 0345510607



Amazon Review:

"Give her a good murder and a shameful social evil,"; The New York Times Book Review once declared, ";and Anne Perry can write a Victorian mystery that would make Dickens’s eyes pop."; And Perry’s new William and Hester Monk story, a mesmerizing masterpiece of innocence and evil on London’s docks, outshines all her previous novels in this successful and beloved series.When the body of a small-time crook named Mickey Parfitt washes up on the tide, no one grieves; far from it. But William Monk, commander of the River Police, is puzzled by the expensive silk cravat used to strangle Parfitt. How did this elegant scarf€”whose original owner was obviously a man of substance€”end up imbedded in the neck of a wharf rat who richly deserved his sordid end?Dockside informers lead Monk to what may be a partial answer€”a floating palace of corruption on the Thames managed by Parfitt, where a captive band of half-starved boys

Ok.. so I've pretty much really liked all the Monk series that I've read.  A few are outstanding.. this is one of them !

Children's lives in the balance if Monk fails.  Friendships are tested to the highest degree. Hester once again "invades" the land of the detectives to help Monk. And Scruff, the 9 yr old orphan who lives on the streets finds himself caring more  for Hester and Monk.
A lot of the story is in the courts, which I thought would be boring... but , by no means was it!

If you've read some of the Monk books I'd advise you find this one if you haven't read it yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Fascinated by London's Victorian docks as they used to be before being bombed in WW2. We went to the Museum of the Docklands in London when we were last there. Was so interesting, best museum in London in my opinion.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home