My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Bone Key

The Bone Key by Sarah Monette.

Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Prime Books (October 18, 2011)
ISBN-10: 1607012901




Amazon review...

  • Kyle Murchison Booth is the unlikeliest of characters to gain a cult following, yet he has. Eccentric, socially awkward Booth is an introverted museum archivist, descended from a most unusual family, who frequently finds himself in the midst of the most unsettling supernatural experiences and strange necromantic mysteries. A gentleman and a scholar, the unwilling hero persevered through The Bone Key, a series of interconnected short stories, to win readers' hearts (and possibly their souls).
  • This new edition, with a "puzzle" cover and a new introduction by one of Booth's "successors" at the Samuel Mather Parrington Museum, will delight current fans and allow even more to discover its dark charms.

I am not a lover of short stories.. so of course I bought this book because of the cover!!! (Not the first time I've done that!)

Having said that.. I enjoyed this book!  Each of the stories had the same main character and tied them, more or less, together.  I enjoyed most of the stories with maybe an exception of the last 2 stories.  However, I would still recommend this book if you like mysteries, ghost stories and such.

It's quick reading, but I've been sick nearly all month so the most I did was read one short story and put the book down for a day or two.. so , short as it is it took me a bit to read it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Sis. Glad this book was a perfect one to read but I hope you feel better soon.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home