My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Murder in Park Lane by Karen Charlton.
Paperback: 316 pages
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer (March 26, 2019)
ISBN-10: 1503955621


 

Amazon Review:

London, 1812. At a fashionable address in leafy Mayfair, a far cry from Detective Stephen Lavender’s usual haunts, a man is found dead in his room. He has been brutally stabbed, but the door is locked from the inside and the weapon is missing.

The deceased is David MacAdam, an Essex businessman with expensive tastes. As Lavender and Constable Ned Woods travel between London and Chelmsford seeking to understand MacAdam’s final hours and unearth the grisly truth, they uncover a tangled web of deceit behind his stylish facade. The unusual circumstances of MacAdam’s death are nothing compared to the shady nature of his life and it seems the house on Park Lane is at the heart of a dark conspiracy.

But when a second body turns up, everything they think they’ve learned is thrown into doubt. Can Lavender and Woods find out who’s behind these shocking murders before more lives are ruined?

This was an enjoyable read.  Short chapters , which I like, and good characters.  In fact, almost to many characters!  But I did seem to keep them straight, so that would mean anyone can!

I've read a few others of Karen Charlton, so she's not a new author to me.  The book is a "2 fer".. two for one murder investigation. I figured it out about the time the book did ! lol.

So it's onward and upward to the next mystery..............

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

This rings a bell, think I might have one of this series on my Kindle. Hope so, it sounds good. LOL

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home