My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

The White Dragon

The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey.

Paperback  329 pgs
Publisher: Ballantine,; P edition (1989)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0345341678





Amazon Review

Never had there been as close a bonding as the one that existed between the daring and adventurous young Lord Jaxom and his extraordinary white dragon, Ruth. Pure white and incredibly agile, Ruth was a dragon of many talents, though almost everyone on Pern thought he was a runt that would never amount to anything.

But Jaxom knew better, knew he could teach his dragon to fly and to destroy the deadly silver Threads that fell from the sky. Disobeying all rules, Jaxom and Ruth trained in secret. Their illicit flights seemed but a minor disobedience - until they found themselves in the path of danger and in a position to prevent the biggest disaster of all.

Of the three first books called, The Dragonriders of Pern, The White Dragon seems to always be the favorite.  But you'd have to read them to find out why.


The book takes you away to a much different time and place. Anne McCaffrey's  characters in the whole series are just fantastic. There are people you will love and those you won't. There is happiness and sadness and things you will wish didn't happen.  But by the time these books are over you will wish you could meet the characters in person.  Most especially: Ruth, the White Dragon!    Read these books... you won't be sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

As I'm sure I've told you before, my favourite of the Pern books. Love it when they discover the southern continent.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home